Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

These are two of my war time techs. The one on the right does say Army Metal Case on it's shipping box. It could mean from the PX, issued, or both, as the US would get as many razors as possible for the troops, possibly even from civilian sources. But from what I understand, other razor companies like Clix and Gem also made razors issued to US servicemen. I think you'd see Gem razors used more by the Navy, but I could be wrong, just what I heard. And possibly, a razor could've been picked by someone because of a personal preference.

unspecified.jpg

Edit: Of course other techs were also used, for example thin and fat handle ones in different types of cases, metal and khaki.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    brit, AGHisBBS, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

This is just my opinion, but the Hydro-Magic and other Schick I razors are not as aggressive than E or earlier Schicks, but more aggressive than later versions. Sort of like an early Gillette Super Speed between an Aristocrat and later model Flair Tips. And my favorite is an early production I, model 55, very efficient. The Hydro-Magic is a very good razor and with it's lever to open the head, very easy to clean.

AGHisBBS and BBS like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is not as aggressive as some. Middle of the road to me. The J is milder and the E and G more aggressive.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup.....

jimjo1031 and MR41 like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I picked up a Hydromagic in a lot of razors. I plan to use it a few times before I decide whether to part with it or not. I know where to post the pics now also.

jimjo1031, AGHisBBS and MR41 like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is a thread for SE and Injector razors......

AGHisBBS and Linuxguile like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yeah but this thread could use a change up from DE razors. Besides you guys seen plenty of injectors over there. You never know you might get someone to join the last 5 - 10 or so people left who still use them things to crossover.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and MR41 like this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Feel free to post your injector shaves at will my friend:) I look forward to them.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and Enrico like this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

As per other's assessment here is a mild injector I own that I haven't used yet.
    schick1.jpg schick2.jpg

Schick Eversharp Hydromagic.

MR41, AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

14. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I just bought two British rockets last week at a Antique store in Central Alberta Canada, one gold and the other nickel for $20 Canadian, filthy but cleaned up well. I have had 3 shaves with them and they are very very good shavers indeed. (Gillette England hit it out of the park with those beauts.) Very forgiving and gave a DFS with hardly any alum sting. I think they will become one of my favorites for sure. Gillette has some great razors and they made some very decorative ones also for a little extra $.
    Here is some pictures @MR41 of the razors I found in the wild. 20180719_195907_crop_377x353.jpg 20180719_195931_crop_304x432.jpg 20180719_200100_crop_334x493.jpg 20180719_200130_crop_530x310.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    MacDaDad, brit, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Post some pics:)

Frijolero and Ron R like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I gave my son a 59 FatBoy a couple years back; which he enjoyed. Six to nine months ago I loaned him one of my Flares (a 1955). He likes it so much he wants to trade his Fat Boy for the Flare.

18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

That’s some serious like:)

Enrico and Edison Carter like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'll set the Fatboy to the side; I'm sure he'll want it back someday. :D

brit, Edison Carter and MR41 like this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Gillette Tech (D1)/paired with my Ikon ss Tuckaway handle.
    Loaded with a Rapira ss on it's second use.
    This mild combo gives proof that big things can come in small packages.
    Superior results in closeness, comfort, and maneverability. 20180722_103432_resized(1).jpg

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 4 others like this.