Question on Razorock Soaps.....

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

oh ok. Lanolin's nice :).

Redrock likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It makes me feel kinda sheepish tho... :scared007:

Redrock, wristwatchb and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Wrong thread, Mr.G.....but not the wrong idea :).

Redrock and richgem like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Their artisans that make their soaps in Italy are some of best IMO. I bought some RR Lavender soap and it just makes my day and a beautiful fragrance left in the lathering bowl that is left open in the bathroom that I leave in after shaving and do not wash out until the next soap switch. Other Razorock soaps I enjoy are XXX, Amici, What the puck all 3 of them, and blue barber stick for travel.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/top-5-brush-shave-soaps-below-10-00us-you-i-use.59992/
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/top-5-great-soaps-you-i-use.59975/

5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

That's what I meant, yeah. Thanks :)

Redrock and Linuxguile like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i have the puros after shave, lovely stuff..

Redrock, SharptoothC and Linuxguile like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

while some call some of their products second tier , they are not $30-70 a pop either. very affordable, great scents and great performance for us on a budget but still like the nice stuff..i wish some of our old school shave soap pucks still manufactured on this continent had the same qualities..

Redrock, Ron R, Sailinblues and 3 others like this.
  8. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I enjoy RR soaps. I have XXX, Amici, Essential Oil of Lime, Tobacco, Dead Seas, and the What the Puck Trio and all are enjoyable. For the money they offer great value. Overall I think the Italian Barber store is a great place to shop. Their razors are very high quality as well.
    Steve

Redrock, brit and Ron R like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

yes sir,great place for aftershaves as well,many of the good brands are here.available in canada..and great service..has anyone done a dead sea review ?

Redrock and Smooth Steve like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

RR is not as bad as people make it seem. It is very affordable and a great value. As mentioned, all RR formulas are not equal.

Favorite formula is the old UFO tub Tallow soaps (Morrocan Secret) and perhaps the WTP Triple milled soap. For the price you can experiement and see which one you like best.

brit, Redrock, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

That 3X milled soap is nice indeed(I have Lime Burst currently), but it sure is tough to see progress being made. But I guess @RyX was right..just keep shaving with it, don't worry about making a dent.

brit, SHAVEWIZARD420 and RyX like this.
  12. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

I've got a few soaps with their AS. For me Gold and any of the oud scents, Zi Peppino and Puros are excellent. Dead./ sea and Santa Maria del fiore are awesome ! [​IMG]

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Somnos, brit, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

In a way thats a good thing Paul. This way you know the puck will last a long time, making it a great value.

14. Paul Turner

That's true. Makes me wonder what happens with each shave of, say, Bill Neumann pucks. $28 for 1/2 a pound. I don't think they are 3x milled though.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX, brit and 2 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

i have there mamba razor and like it, their brushes a good quality items as well, the rr standard bruce synth is my most used brush..never lost a hair and great lathers every time..

RyX and Smooth Steve like this.
  16. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

The Mamba is a fine razor, as also the Game Changer. For me my favorite RR razor is the Ti Baby Smooth closely followed by the Wunderbar. I think the best value has to be the Aluminum Black Hawk. I have V1 and it was a steal for something like $25, shaves great, and is nicely made.
    You are right about the brushes. Honestly, my favorite performance brushes are RR low cost synthetics. The XXL Red, 400 Butterscotch, and Monster are all great to use.
    Steve

RyX, Redrock and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

i may try the dead sea soap, nice collection, you are definitely a fan..

RyX, Redrock and luv2shave like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i just received the rr barrel 24 finest badger, have the aluminum rr400 synth,and the big chrome handled synth as well,all great brushes..gary

RyX and Redrock like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Lots of leather in that one, right?

brit and Redrock like this.
  20. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

I happen to own a few of the RazoRocks soaps each with the matching AS...

1. Gold
    2. Plague Doctor
    3. Black Bay
    4. Saturnia
    5. American Barber
    6. Nomad

They are a great value for the money but of course that depends where you live because shipping costs are always a factor. But quality is good and their AS is great across their product line.

RyX, brit and Redrock like this.