Soap rotation

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Erik Redd, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That's what I call a cacophony of soap usage!

RyX, brit, Redrock and 1 other person like this.
  2. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

I don't have a rotation as such. It depends the amount of time I have to shave, the scent that appeals to me that morning, the sort of shave I am after and how my skin feels that morning. I use both commercial and home soaps.

brit, RyX, Redrock and 1 other person like this.
  3. boingo

boingo Member

I shave 4-5 times a week tops. I keep a small rotation after thinning the herd to 6 soaps.

brit, RyX, Redrock and 1 other person like this.
  4. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Right now I am on a seven day rotation:

Cella
    Razorock Tuscon Oud
    Asylum Neroli and Pepper
    LPL Cade
    LPL Rose de Puskhar
    Jabonman Badass
    Jabonman Citricos

This is based on scent and not maker.

brit, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  5. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Whatever appeals to me at the time. But sometimes my face tells me, “Use Mike’s today” and I choose a Mike’s scent for that day.

6. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I dont have an official rotation, but the only 3 soaps in my bathroom at the moment are williams, tabac, and vdh deluxe. Sometimes i reach for proraso or razorock blue barber, i will also pull out some stirling barbershop from time to time. Williams always stays in the bathroom, i have been using it for years.

RyX and brit like this.
  7. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I don't have a specific rotation. When I get ready to soak my brush, I start figuring out what soap I want to use that day. I seldom use the same soap two days in a row.

RyX and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

nowadays i try my new stuff then go back to what my mood/weather chooses..i also get inspired from the forum pics..

RyX likes this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I tend to get inspired as well by others pictures.

RyX and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

yes sir, i could say that a large amount of my soap/razor/brush purchases are from items seen here..enablers r us..no regrets here, worth every penny..

RyX and dmshaver like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right, numerous soaps for just one day is indeed a cacophony.

brit likes this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just to be a nudge, I will argue that this cannot be a cacophony. In order for it to be a cacophony, it must make noise. /smug.

:D :scared007:

RyX, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Well, don't look at me..I didn't get this "cacophony" thing off the ground :(

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's all Primo's fault.

RyX, brit, GatorJoe and 1 other person like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Right, I can see he was the one. I'm still trying to find ways to "out-review" his shave reviews.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My ears are burning...

17. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I have 14 creams/soaps and 18 straight razors. I always plan to use both creams/soaps and razors in a methodical manner, but then life gets in the way. At least once a week I will decide that I got a great shave and therefore use the same soap or razor for another couple of days. After 2 or 3 days I pick back up the rotation.

RyX, brit and Frijolero like this.
  18. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

I typically keep anywhere from 3-5 soaps in my rotation. All random. When I finish one, I buy only one more so as to control myself. It is hard my friend.

19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I have 7 Stirling soaps and use a different one each day of the week. The only exception is during Dec and Jan I use my (yearly purchase) of Strirling "Christmas Tree". It smells just like our fresh cut tree. I like it.....

BamaT, RyX, brit and 5 others like this.
  20. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

40 soaps and creams in rotation with matching AS or Balms. I randomly pick which one is coming up next the night before. There are seasonal favorites of course but I have enough in each category to keep it entertaining. Right now would be Stirling Gatlinburg, Henri et Victoria - Fall's Lumberjack or Cognac and Cuban Cigars, Outlaw Refinery - Santa's Pipe, Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Amber & Tobacco etc...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    BamaT, RyX, brit and 2 others like this.