The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's a grocery chain with an interesting and fascinating history. But others can explain better than I can. I first heard about it from @wristwatchb-he was(and still is)teasing me about it.

brit, Shadow Shaver, ezlovan and 6 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Grocery store chain popular in the South.

3. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Haverford is actually quite different than Stirling Gentleman in my opinion. Gentleman still ranks as my all-time favorite, Haverford is a nice addition with some similar scents.

4. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Paul, have you got the dog show on right now?

5. Paul Turner

As a matter of fact I do! Just taking a brief break before going back for the Best In Show. Y'know. I went to it live back in 2006.

6. Paul Turner

I guess that's it then...it LOOKS like chocolate but that's the only sense of it you get.

7. Paul Turner

Aaaaah, the Terrier! Respectful breed, but not among the 3 I went for. I had the Boxer, Daschund, and Sussex Spaniel.

8. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I had an aha moment the other day after a great shave with my red tub Cella. It,s my favorite cream for both its performance and the almond/"cherry" scent. I was looking through my aftershaves for a pairing and came across a sample of Stirling's Black Cherry. For all of us Cella lovers, this is a beautiful love story lol! I also have a Black Cherry soap sample from Stirling too, and its great. But, for all of us that have a ton of Cella and know it lasts a long time, a bottle of Stirling Black Cherry AS seems like a next purchase to me lol.

9. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    That Sussex Spaniel was a beautiful dog. The Terrier was awesome as well, but I'm tired of seeing the BIS winner come out of the terrier group. I'm partial to the sporting group, being the owner of a handsome and friendly Brittany.

10. PLAla

SOTD February 13, 2019
    Alphabetical journey through soaps and creams
    Letter S

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Sandpiper

Sandpiper is such a wonderful scent based on Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l'Homme (hope I spelled that right). Clean, sophisticated, masculine. Really superb. Have a great day!

SOTD 2-13-19.jpg

Gnomeo0228, ezlovan, brit and 9 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

That is a nice-looking dog you have(I remember your video of touring the original Stoylin home). My family had an English Springer Spaniel, then a Golden Retriever(sadly, both hit by cars right in their prime years).

ezlovan, brit, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

I think it's just "d'Homme". But we must verify this-it's an ongoing investigation.

ezlovan, brit, Shadow Shaver and 5 others like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

You got it right!
    [​IMG]

ezlovan, brit, Shadow Shaver and 6 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Y'know, if a Golden Retriever won BIS some year(as I'm sure it has in the past), the fans would cheer the roof off the Garden. The Golden is the #1 fan favorite there.

15. Paul Turner

Perry gets it right. Me?

No.

16. Paul Turner

Just a guess, @Linuxguile , but was that your review I saw in the Stoylin Deep Blue See review section? I know you like it a lot.

17. Linuxguile

I do believe I left a review on the Deep Blue Sea soap

18. PLAla

Cha ching!

19. Linuxguile

SOTD February 13th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #21 PAL Adjustable
    A Blade of unknown properties
    Paladin Winston (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Hipster soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

I don't know any hipsters that smell this good! The scent of hipster is a clean citrus forward (grapefruit and bergamot) accord, with light florals, and a light, slightly woody base. Finished with some Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB followed by the Hipster AS. If you like grapefruit scents you really should check this one out, highly recommended!

20. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Another great review Andrew. I am a grapefruit scent lover. Another to add to the list. Thank you again.