Which do you prefer.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sas71, Feb 19, 2009.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

a mild razor with sharp blades or an aggressive razor with mild to average blades?

post what razor/blade combo you like.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

SS (Ranger Tech) + Feather

R41 + Derby
    Slant SledgeHammer + Derby
    British Flare tip + Derby

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

SS + Astra Superior Plat. or 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (yellow)
    Knack + Crystal

4. ssilcox

ssilcox Member

Gillette New and a feather

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I prefer a aggressive Se with a sharp blade... something you really have to drive.

Fuzzy

6. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

Mild razor with a sharp blade, most definitely. I like my Gillette black handled SS or Schick Krona with a Wilkinson Sword blade or Red Personna.

7. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Aggressive razor and a sharp blade. Slant with a feather.

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I've had great shaves with so many combinations, but I tend to prefer a smooth blade and an average razor. Like a Rocket and a Gillette 7oClock yellow.

9. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I prefer a mild + sharp. I use a 40's Tech with feathers for my daily.

10. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Well, once I gave up shaving in the shower

[​IMG]

I moved on to using a Rocket Jr (aristocrat jr) with, (the crowd shudders) Merkurs. Makes my little face happy.

Although, a Slim Adjustable set nice and high loaded with Astra Superiors makes its way into my rotation pretty regular too now days.

So if like me, you are one of the two people who think a Merkur is sharp, then a less aggressive razor with a sharp blade, and the adjustable set aggressive with a somewhat mild Astra.

11. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

I prefer a mild razor with a sharp blade myself... at the moment thought I'm using an open comb English with crystal blades.

12. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Aggressive razor + mild blades. My setup right now is a slim adj. set to 5, which is roughly equivalent to a red tip, and red pack personna blades. I get great shaves from this setup.

13. knlgskr

knlgskr Member

Agressive razor, sharp blade, if I din't want a close shave; I would grow a beard.

Richard

14. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

40s SS w/ Derby blades

15. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Interesting. I only like sharp blades. But I like razors varying from mild to aggressive.

50's ss, aristocrat, fatboy, super adjustable, HD. I like them all with Astras, swedes, and 7 o' clock yellows.

Wow, I gave a lot of razors away. I'm down to five.

16. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I'd have to lean towards the more aggressive razors. The 40s Super Speeds I have leave me with irritation and/or weepers, and the fatboy/red tip/slim don't. (Must account for my month-in newbness)