Barrister & Mann

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Chuck F, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Based on the description on his site, it sounds like they're sourcing the Latha aftershave from another maker and just adding the fragrance: "We blended the fragrance into a fantastic aftershave base made right here in the USA." As far as I know, that'd make it the only thing they sell that they don't make themselves.

That's not to take away from it, though. The performance is very good. I like the scent better in the soap, though, it comes off more floral to me in the aftershave.

2. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

What is the scent of Latha? Is the scent faint or robust?

3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I think the soap has a good scent level...the aftershave compliments the soap scent, but didn't have that much staying power..for me.

The soap is legit, and for the price it's hard to beat.

Tdmsu and ps1160 like this.
  4. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I'd agree with all that. The scent is a classic barbershop kind of thing, I know that doesn't pin it down much, heh. I think it's a scent most would enjoy, not the controversial love-it-or-hate-it reaction that some B&M scents sometimes cause.

Tdmsu and ps1160 like this.
  5. clk

clk Member

I totally agree. I think it has a mild, pleasant sent and is an excellent performer.

ps1160 likes this.
  6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I will have my first B & M tomorrow. I ordered Black label lavender & rosemary peppermint

ps1160, Tdmsu and Chuck F like this.
  7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Get Ready... because you're in for a treat! Really good stuff. It doesn't take much water to get it going. Enjoy.

ps1160 and Tdmsu like this.
  8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I plan on trying the Unscented , however I have a question. I love the smell of MWF but cannot get a decent lather out of it. I read that the B&M unscented has a "sheepy" smell to it, Does it smell like MWF?

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I fought trying to lather MWF for over a year. I stuck with it only because a lot of people who are more qualified to judge than myself like it. I finally figured out that I need to keep water on it so it stays soft. I put the puck in an old spice mug and I keep about 1/4 inch of water on it. It works well and I now like it, especially the after feel. Every time I let it dry out I find it harder to lather

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I tried the Beaudelaire the other day and liked it so much I picked up a tub of Ferox. What a great scent! And the performance was awesome! I seemed to pass over B&M soaps for some reason, some of the scents seem strange to me at first, but I noticed my taste in scent has gotten more sophisticated and B&M has some of the most complex unique scents I have come across. Sometimes way too complex YMMV

Tdmsu, clint64 and Chuck F like this.