COOPER RAZOR OWNERS CLUB (CRC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Herm2502, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

OK, who owns one of these beauties? I recently found this one at a local antique shop that NEVER had any razors. Well I was wrong this time.

What a wonderful shave! Once you figure out how exactly the blade rests under the cap it's smooth, smooth sailing. This razor just destroyed two days of growth in two easy passes with almost no touch-up.

So, who else loves this razor? Show is your pics, tell us your thoughts.[​IMG][​IMG]

Herm

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on finding such a cool razor Herm. @Linuxguile and @jtspartan both have one. Maybe they will chime in at some point.

Str8on2, brit, twhite and 3 others like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I have one and agree it’s a great performer.

brit, Linuxguile, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I don't have one... yet...
    Nice find.

5. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I don’t have one either, but I’m interested in knowing more about it from this thread.

Linuxguile and Herm2502 like this.
  6. Herm2502

The thread was @Linuxguile's idea. I'll try to find some history unless someone already had some.

I've also for a Cooper DE, but it used proprietary blades. You have to modify modern blades to fit.

Perhaps we change it to the Cooper Owners Club, but the acronym doesn't sound good. And I believe CROC is already taken.

Herm

sdguero, Linuxguile and mrchick like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'll keep my eyes open for one!:)

brit, sdguero and Linuxguile like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

In on the lookout for one myself. Problem is that it’s No Buy 2018. I’ll have to find one for free.

@PLANofMAN has one and I think he knows a fair amount of the history behind it.

PLANofMAN, sdguero and Linuxguile like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I humbly submit my two examples.
    20180104_163144.jpg

20180104_163254.jpg

Here's what I know about them. They were manufactured in the 1930's and 1940's. They are made if brass which is chrome plated over a base plating of nickel.

Ryan @PLANofMAN actually turned my on to my first MonoBilt and he uses one regularly. I've also traded one to Jorge @Jorvaljr , don't know if he still has it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Sevenbark, brit, Terry and 7 others like this.
  10. Herm2502

Oh yeah, that's the kind of stuff we're talking about. Beautiful.

Herm

11. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

Very nice

Linuxguile likes this.
  12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Mine came from Andrew @Linuxguile as well. It is being sent off to get replated as it has fast become one of my very favourite razors. Here are a couple pics of it before it was sent off:
    F9D5E04E-6259-4729-BF95-5AC3BA45A665.jpeg 74F49C70-7FDC-4A0D-AA45-EBD89F8982CF.jpeg

brit, Keithmax, Drygulch and 6 others like this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I did an internet search and everyone that has used a Cooper monobilt seems to love them. They seem to be priced in the $50 to $100 USD range too. These razors appear to be from the 1920s till the early 1930s. Ryan hasn’t been active on this forum since early December. However, there are quite a few posts on here extolling the virtues of the Cooper. They also made a three piece razor if I have that right.

mrchick and Herm2502 like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I enjoy my monobilt quite a bit

Herm2502 and Linuxguile like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

19. Herm2502

Thanks for the info Jim. Yes, they did make a 3-piece razor, I have one. However it's designed for proprietary blades. I believe it was @Linuxguile who said you can modify a modern blade with a paper punch since it's just the center post that's larger.

Herm

20. Herm2502

Who's doing the replating? That oughta look sweet when it's done. What plating did you pick (i.e. chrome, nickle, gold?) Remember, we'll need pics or it never happened.

Herm

jtspartan and Linuxguile like this.