How many pucks of soap do you have?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Morning Shave, Dec 13, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Two. A sealed puck of Aramis and
    a very old red/white box puck of Colgate, neither of which I plan to use any time soon. Everything else is can or tube.

Primotenore and Linuxguile like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have around 35 soaps and creams open at the moment. A few of those are shave sticks and probably three or four creams, so around 28 actual pucks of soap.

Primotenore and Linuxguile like this.
  3. Jarvis

Jarvis Active Member

I have 18 soaps plus around a dozen backups. I’m aiming for around a dozen soaps.

4. nav

nav Well-Known Member

I'm up to 115 soaps (plus about 12 back-ups).

I'm now on a soap buying sabbatical. I'll refrain unless it's something I really, really must have.

theFAT98 likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're on a good pace for NB through 2025(unless you need more razors, blades, etc, that is).

PLAla likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

How much is left of the Colgate?

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Never been used.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

I was PIFed a full Colgate cake but stupidly didn't get going on it right away...lost it's scent when I finally got around to trying it. Had to toss it out. Made me mad.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and gorgo2 like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Aaaaah, I'd say 115 might get you through the year. :).

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If it's that old (red/white box) would it have had any scent to speak of after 50 or so years? Still should have lathered okay. The only smell mine has is faint mustiness from the box. Not even a plain soap smell, but then I haven't wet it yet.

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm down to 3 pucks ... two montages and a Stirling lime. :D

12. KimNB

KimNB Active Member

I've got about 15 (so far). I have an everyday soap in my apothecary mug (currently Wilkinson Sword that I am trying use up, a D.R.Harris in a special mug for special days, a few sticks in my travel kit and the rest I will work through as I get to them. I pull one out for a change of pace every now and then for a few shaves.

I wouldn't recommend keeping soaps moist, especially if you have ones without parabens. Soaps and cosmetics can grow some nasty organisms and there increasing issues with recalls , mold and contamination as people wage war on parabens and other preservatives. Let the soaps dry and keep in an airtight container when not in service. You don't want to be scraping a sharp object over your skin if your soap is contaminated.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  13. Easy Going

Easy Going Member

13 pucks.

BigMark83 and theFAT98 like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Perhaps my tossing it was premature. It didn't arrive in the box, the sender just covered it with plastic paper.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Most vintage soaps have little or no scent left for the most part. Some develop a musty type scent from decades of storage. performance would be unaffected and believe it or not some people say soap gets better with age.

16. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Correct. My vintage colgate and williams have no scent but work perfectly.