Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thats an interesting idea...

Although, right now...I just scored this beauty and am still in the "Honeymoon" phase!

This is my single favorite injector at this time, and shaves as good or better than my Hussy.

But maybe at a later date, we can try and nail it down, whether they made a silver I2v4...But right now this razor shaves as effeciently as my ER Lather Catcher.. I don't really care which version it is

And I agree with you 100%....I've spent a few years with my I2v2 gold razor...and with just a little practice, one can make her play like a Stradivarius. In fact, the 2nd post on this Injector and SE Party Thread, was this I2v2 gold razor being reviewed in April 1911...I was knocked out by her then! And this Silver one is so very efficient and as aggressive as I would want to go..In fact, I prefer the Chinese Schick blades to the Prolines in her...I feel the same with my E2s.

I do remember ShaverX saying his silver I2 was the single best shaver he had, and he had a nice SE collection...

But...I've seen it time and time again...Two razors....even two Schicks of the exact same model and within a year of each other that shaved as different as night and day...I had two F types that shaved very different and they only made those for a year...So it's veddy veddy hard to come up with anything too definitive....but it sure is fun trying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great-looking razor! I’ve heard the Claymore is a mid-aggressive razor. What’s been your experience?

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

clint64, brit and PLAla like this.
  3. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Storybook Soapworks | Shaken
    Kent V8
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

[​IMG]

Bonus B-Side Pic

[​IMG]

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type D, schick proline B-20, shave 5.
    sd.jpg

Shave on this one is is similar to the I2v3, J1v2 and I1v2 razors. Lots of bark aka blade feel but not much bite aka the blade works more like a scraper than cutter. Overall closeness of shave is about the same also.

5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Absolutely love that brush and razor. I really hope to find a type f I can afford someday. That one looks spectacular.

clint64, brit and 120inna55 like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I think at this point we know a hell of a lot more about these I and J razors than before and this one can wait for another day unless I happen to find one for sale and pop on it.

clint64, brit and Bird Lives like this.
  7. 120inna55

Thanks! Yes, the Fs are nice pieces. Granted these are the only Injectors I've ever used, but they're also my favorite shaver.

clint64, Boru62, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Tried my new Gem Junior lather catcher today. Loved it!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Bully and Bravo...I applaud your treatise on the Hydro-magics....and I'm sure many here appreciate your work as much as I do.

I never realized that the I2 had 4 versions and that there was an order to when they were released. Very informative indeed.

I went back and tried to uncover some pics of SaverX's I2...It turns out, his name was "RazorX"....Hey, I loved the cat...he always cracked me up...but I believe he dissappeared back in 2013, so I got his handle wrong.

Any way...this is the only pic I could find:
    [​IMG]

And as we can see, it does have the long lever...but I can't for the life of me remember if it had the printing on it. I do remember he said his Personna adjustable turned all the way up, came between his I2 and his E2 that opens, as far as aggression....and his I2 was more efficient than either....if that helps...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Sounds like the I2v4 which was the first injector I ever bought as part of a lot of razors and sat unused for about a year before I tried it. Turns out it is one of best razors I own and the one that got me into injectors. I would say it is the most aggressive Schick injector I own even more so than the E2 with the movable spring.

jimjo1031, clint64 and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:)

clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

very classy..

clint64 likes this.
  13. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Thank you sir!

clint64, Boru62 and brit like this.
  14. 120inna55

Thanks!

clint64, Boru62 and brit like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Yes I would place it into that Category. Maybe could be a bit lighter

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #206
    Dad's Schick E3
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Tabac AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Tabac Shave Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #206 Brush. I did two passes with Dad's Schick E3 razor with a Personna Injector Blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD September 10, 2019
    A Stirling SEptember

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM Pushbutton
    Brush: Sapele wood badger
    Soap: Stirling Deep Blue Sea

SOTD 9-10-19.jpg

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

September 10, 2019

Cobra Classic
    Schick Proline P
    PAV Brushworks Envy White Two Band
    LASSC Topanga Fougere
    CRSW Lavish Aftershave
    ADP Cedro Di Sardegna

[​IMG]

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thought I'd have a little fun with Stick Schick L type with a Twin II blade and see what it could do on shave #22. It did not disappoint at all and gave a close fun shave after a failed trial gap adjustment on my auto strop c1 razor in the morning, so auto strop razor was abandoned for my trusty stick Schick.
    Razor: Stick Schick L type MFG 1973
    Blade : Schick Twin II (22)
    Soap: Razorock XXX
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    Preshave: Shower + Aloe Vera Gel
    Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
    Post shave: Razorock XXX AS+ Nivea balm
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + alum block indicated more than usual irritation from Auto strop razor gap adjustment trial= :rolleyes:
    SEptemper 10-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice GEM Junior lather catcher in great shape, I really enjoy my Gem junior Bar lather catcher also and the Audio while shaving whiskers is great, it is like going back in time.
    Have some great shaves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.