New Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by DBart., Jan 24, 2017.

1. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

I have tried 5 different soaps so far. (yes, I know that is not many at all) And I realize everyone has a different face, different nose and different likes. However, I am finding that I realy like different soaps. Vegan, tallow based, creams and hard pucks. I think it adds to the experience. Trumpers Rose is nice, Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto is very nice, acca kappa is very nice, I will let you know my thoughts on the Pannacrema Nuavia Blu later this week once I pick up the little box now sitting on my front porch. I guess if I had a question it would be which soap or shave cream could you NOT live without?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Haslinger. It is my favorite at this time. It is not only slick, but leaves my face feeling fantastic after the shave.

Sent via mobile - Chris

DBart. likes this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Stirling. I could easily go the rest of my life using only Stirling soaps, and never feel like I was missing out. Fortunately, I don't have to! ;)

4. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

This is good. More to try in the future!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I've tried hundreds. The very best for me are barrister and mann, Stirling soaps, mickey Lee soapworks, martin de candre, pannacrema nuavia, and catie's bubbles for soft soaps.... Truefitt and Hill and Taylor of Old Bond Street for creams and croaps...and klar, tabac, saponificio varesino, and penhaligons for hard pucks.

There are a TON of great soaps for wet shavers these days. I think it will come down to scents, price, and availability for most people. Stirling soap definitely has the best value out there with all considered.

Carbide Mike and DesertTime like this.
  6. ask4Edge

ask4Edge New Member

Hard Soap: Valobra (AoS, C&S, Valobra), I Coloniali
    Cream: I Coloniali Rhubarb

7. Jeeves of Hudson Street

Jeeves of Hudson Street Active Member

i'm biased jan2.jpg

Carbide Mike and IDuck like this.
  8. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

As you should, old man! I know what site I'm visiting tonight.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

TOBS Coconut Luxury Shaving Cream. Or Trumper Limes. Either one paired up with Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum AS:happy088:

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Since I have discovered Mystic Waters, I've been comparing all my other soaps to it.

I could easily be a happy shaver with just Mystic Waters as the only soap brand in my shave den.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I have lots of great soaps, but if I had to pick only one soap for the rest of my life, it would be Tabac.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

There are so many great soaps on the market these days that there will always be somethino that works, but a few I have been blown away by performance wise would be:

Viking soap
    Wholly Kaw tallow
    I Coloniali
    Gustafsons
    Shannon's

Ksblazer and Carbide Mike like this.