Schick Slim Twin Handle

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Joe Rouse, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I am interested in trying out a twin blade cartridge razor and I have my eye on a couple of Schick Slim Twin handles on that world famous auction site. I like the idea of either being able to have the cartridge pivot or not.

I’m trying to determine what cartridges are compatible with the Slim Twin handle. Based on what I read and see it looks as if you can use an Atra cartridge (or one of the many Gillette or Personna equivalents) with it. Is this correct? I do see that you can use the Super II Ultrex cartridges with it. I don’t want to purchase a razor that would require me to hunt down cartridges. It seems like there are plenty of options...just want to confirm.

Thanks for your help.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I use the Slim Twin cartridges with a Gillette Atra handle so anything Gillette Atra will work.

brit likes this.
  3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I haven't had success with other formats, only the Slim Twin and Schick Advantage - the European version.

4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

I got a Schick Super 11 Razor some time ago, thinking it was a Type N. Just got Ultrex blades to fit.
    Today had a full Shave ensuring I used light/ no pressure Strokes I got a good close finish.
    Was fun trying this 70s Razor, which is a good candidate for a Carry On Travel Razor.

56430F79-D8BB-448F-A2E8-1379B48B2D00.jpeg

IAmTheJody likes this.