Steak anyone?

Discussion in 'The Cookbook' started by Will, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Description:
    MY WAY!

Time: 20 min to 1 day
    Difficulty: Easy
    Serving Size: 1 steak = one person

Ingredients:
    1 Steak
    Olive Oil (extra virgin)
    Salt (to taste)
    Pepper (to taste)

Alt.

1 Steak
    1 12oz Beer
    A-1 Sauce
    Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
    Tabasco
    Malt Whiskey

Instructions:
    Fist step buy a good steak Sirloin, Round, Porterhouse, and/or T-bone.

Season with nothing and marinade with nothing. Right before cooking add a light coating of Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper. That is it.

For Grilling, use HIGH heat 1 min each side, then MEDIUM TO LOW heat turn every 2 min until desired doneness (rare, medium etc.). Use a meat thermometer (for geeks) or do the thumb press test (for men) to check.

For cooking, turn on broiler. Heat cast iron skillet coated with olive oil on stove. Place steak on skillet for 1 min each side, then place steak (with skillet) in broiler; turn every 2 min until desired doneness.

Now let’s say you get a cheap steak and you want to be able to eat it. Step one, tenderize the sh… out of it by using a metal meat tenderizer or heavy pan. Step 2 Soak it in Beer (your choice) for 24 hours. Step 3 Marinade in blend of A-1, Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, Tabasco, and Malt Whiskey for at least 20 min. Step 4 Grill/Cook (as above) with light coating of the marinade covered on steak.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

only thing I might add is:
    Let the meat come to room temp before grilling / broiling / saute....er. um Cooking.

Looking good, Lewis :drool