The It's My Birthday TSD Fundraiser Raffle!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IAmTheJody, Oct 11, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Mystery? Indeed! Go on and set this thread in your watch list. A surprise awaits! All shall be unveiled in about 7 hours! Tick. Tock!

Edit: All has been unveiled below!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Jorvaljr, brit, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

3. IAmTheJody

It's October 12th! My birthday! Let's celebrate and give YOU the chance to win a birthday gift!

To celebrate, I'm offering up a "shave den in a box" to raise funds for our awesome The Shave Den forum!

October 12, 12 razors - of several variants!

All of these razors are in 'Great to Mint' condition including mechanics, except the GEM Micromatic which does have some scratches in the cap but is fully functional, looks great everywhere else and shaves perfectly as intended.

4 - Double edge razors:
    • 1960 Gillette Fat Boy adjustable, F-1 date code
    • 1973 Gillette Aluminum Tech, T-4 1973 date code (my birth year and quarter!)
    • 2021 Yaqi open-comb Grand Shave King clone head pieces mated with a heavy duty Boss Razors handle
    • 2021 West Coast Shaving closed-comb head pieces also mated with a heavy duty Boss Razors handle
    IMG_20211011_165652~2_resize_32.jpg
    5 - Injector razors:
    • 1947 Eversharp Schick Fashion Razor; Type H1 injector; solid bar guard; compact square body; white plastic handle and gold plated metal cap​
    • 1954-1958 Eversharp Hydro-Magic; Type I2 injector; solid bar guard; short black handle; gold-plated head; Hydro-Magic lever; the first to feature the Hydro-Magic lever for easy blade cleaning​
    • 1961-1963 Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor; Type K1 injector; solid bar guard; white handle with rare gold-plated head and gold-plated handle tip ferrule (the white handle versions were more commonly made with nickel-plated head and ferrule); Hydro-Magic lever​
    • 1961-1963 Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor; Type K1 injector; solid bar guard; turquoise handle; gold-plated head and gold-plated handle tip ferrule; Hydro-Magic lever​
    • 1973 Gillette Trac II Twin INJECTOR, rebranded in 1975 as the Twinjector; injector; solid bar guard; nickel-plated head and portion of top of the handle; black handle for the rest of the handle​
    IMG_20211011_165632~2_resize_60.jpg

1 - Artist Club-style:
    • 2017 RazoRock Hawk V2 in limited edition anodized Electric Blue color; AC/shavette style blades; aluminum; solid bar guard
    IMG_20211011_165733~2_resize_93.jpg
    1 - Half-double-edge-blade:
    • 2021 Yaqi half-DE-blade head pieces mated with a heavy duty Boss Razors handle
    IMG_20211011_165701~2_resize_70.jpg

IMG_20211011_165811~2_resize_19.jpg
    1 - Single Edge:
    • 1932-1942 GEM Micromatic open-comb single edge razor​
    IMG_20211011_165643~2_resize_48.jpg

That's 12 razors for October 12!! BUT there may be more when the winner receives the box! There may be a surprise or two!

The Accessories also included:

Blades for all variants of razors...
    • 100 NOS Voskhod double-edge blades - fantastic blades!
    • 1 NOS 1972 magazine/7 blades Schick Plus Platinum injector blades - fantastic blades!
    • 10 New Gem Personna coated single edge blades - fantastic blades!
    • Approximately 80 New half-double-edge-blades, mostly Shark brand but also a Try A Blade multi-brand pack so that you can figure out which one you really like!
    • A magazine of Feather Professional Artist Club-style blades. Hard to determine how many blades are left in the magazine but it looks like it is at least five or six - fantastic blades!
    • An Omega chrome razor and brush stand
    • New tube of Ach Brito Lavanda shaving cream
    • New Yaqi Aqua High Mountain Silvertip badger hair brush (Please note that the one in the pictures is my personal brush. I ordered a brand new one over a month ago for this raffle and tracking shows it is just now clearing customs. It may arrive after this raffle ends and if that becomes the case, I will send it to the winner separately.)
    IMG_20211011_165710~2_resize_83.jpg

IMG_20211011_165606~2_resize_38.jpg

So how do you win? Simple! First, please note that this raffle is only open to CONUS members only. With the current state of postal systems around the world and the huge increases in shipping prices, unfortunately I must limit this raffle to CONUS members only.

Second, purchase an entry by making a $10 OR MORE donation to The Shave Den at this link:
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/theshaveden
    PLEASE NOTE: Please make sure you send your donation as a 'Friends and Family' payment, NOT as a 'Goods and Services' payment. This will ensure that TSD does not have to pay any PayPal fees on the donations.

To give everyone a fair chance, only 1 entry per person, regardless of whether you donate the minimum $10 or any amount higher.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, including if you would like more pictures of anything specific.​

battle.munky, brit, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  4. IAmTheJody

I will update the donation entries as they are provided to me by JoAnna @Queen of Blades as her schedule allows. This raffle will close at MIDNIGHT CDT this coming Sunday, October 17.

Entries:

1. First!

battle.munky and brit like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Happy Birthday!
    May the Lord bless you with a great day and a wonderful year ahead!!

brit and IAmTheJody like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Happy birthday!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:bounce017::poze::greet002:

:eatdrink047:

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Happy Birthday, Jody! Peace and health to you and your loved ones.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy Birthday Jody :).

12. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODY! :bounce017:

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Doesn't Jody look good for being over 900 yrs old?

14. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Sir.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Zoinks! Instant shave den indeed!

brit, PanChango and IAmTheJody like this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Happy B-Day dude!!

17. IAmTheJody

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I really do appreciate them!

Don't forget also this is an in progress fundraiser for TSD! Get those entries in! :eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Happy birthday and many more, have a great day.:greet002:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. Avalon

Avalon Active Member

Happy Birthday!!

IAmTheJody and brit like this.
  20. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor