USA Personna Double Edge Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Damon, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Damon

Damon Member

What is the opinion of the USA Personna Blades like the photo below?

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Damon,
    I have used these blades as have many others. I found them to be sharp but not the most comfortable shave I ever had. I'll use them if I'm traveling and can't take blades aboard the plane, they are easy to find and inexpensive.
    It's not a blade I choose to use on a daily basis. As always, YMMV.

3. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I buy usa personnas from the beauty supply shop. I like them. I haven't tried alot of blades, but they work for me.

That particular box of blades in the dispenser looks like a noname box of blades that I bought at a drugstore. They were also platinum chrome and they had the big arrows indicating which way to push the blade and the dispenser was identical, but they were not personna. Probably made by personna though.
    Anyway, they were my best blade. I am down to my last blade, its in my gillette tech razor. In that razor it is an incredibly nice shave.

The only BBS i have got came from one of those blades in a gilette open comb.

Now I have NOT tried my fair share of blades, but I would trade you a box of 200 dorkos for a 5 pack of those.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

American Personna blades are among the best blades in my humble opinion. I use them regularly, the only problem I can see with them is the cost, which is a bit high for me. I typically prefer to use 7am blades because I can get them for less.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

same here

Raf

6. Damon

Damon Member

Thanks guys for the info. the only reason I asked is I found some for $3.00.

7. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Try Wally World, they are $1.57/10, same blade, different package.

8. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

I use 'em all the time, they work great for me. I get them dirt cheap at Wal-Mart.

9. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

As far as I know, these are the same thing. I got them for 65 cents a ten pack.
    65 cent blades2.jpg

These were on closeout at a local grocery store. I snagged the last thirty two packages they had. That was back in early March and I still have plenty left. The thing I like best about them is the dispenser. I wish all blades came this way. They are the easiest blades to remove from the package and get you shaving without having to mess with those silly paper wrappers.

10. Damon

Damon Member

Cool I will have to look around. I tried WalMart but no luck here.
    Dennis what was the name of the store you purchased from?

11. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

I bought them at Copps grocery store on Main street in Green Bay, WI. None of the other Copps stores had them marked down when I found these, otherwise I would have bought every one in town.

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Sounds like american personna blades are the best thing for you.

13. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

I used one this morning in a Gillette open comb new I acquired a few months back. I got a fairly decent shave from the blade. I usually get 3 days use from one.

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

If I don't get really abusive I can get upto twenty-five days from one.:angelic007

15. Damon

Damon Member

Today I found a dollar store had them for guess .99 a pack I bought 5 packs

16. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Good job Damon! Now on to your next quest! :D

17. Will

Will Nevermind

This is the frist blade I used, in a 70's Superspeed.

Close shave, tons of weepers. Almost gave up, then I got a sample pack. The rest is history. :D

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I find my 70s super speed to be a bit on the harsh side and the personnas an excellent blade. I guess motternman you are a bit braver than I would have been. I would have tried the blade in a 50s or 60s Super Speed.

19. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

I think everyone will agree that razor blades are a YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) issue. I don't believe you will ever get a consensus on razor blades. Why you ask??? We are all a bunch of Maniacal Prferential Wet Shaving Enthusiasts (some say fanatics and my wife says lunatics), but "Preferential" is the key word.

If a particular blade works for you..."Great". If it happens to be the blades you can purchase from Wal-Mart, good for you. You have an inexpensive readily available source of razor blades.

What works for you... Works for you and congratulations.

After all the object of the game is to...

Enjoy your shave... :D

20. Damon

Damon Member

Ah the question is how well will they work in my newly procured Gun Metal Weishi I bought from CatMan.