2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Preview of some of my gives!
    If anyone has any Derby, Arko or VDH they don’t want I’d like to have it.

Go Box Go!!!

57793E47-6AC0-489C-8FB0-2A8CF2775662.jpeg

Enrico likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Chris - To get free shipping I added 2 sticks of ARKO to a recent order. One sure can hit The Box. Saving the other for some future Newbie that needs to try it. I've got most of a puck of VDH - Deluxe I think? The one that comes in the blue/green bowl. It's in the "why do I keep this stuff?" box so it's yours!

Enrico likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Thank you!:thanks:

RyX and Enrico like this.
  4. terstation

terstation Active Member

@RyX Thanks for the offer to look out for something in particular for me brother. I have been collecting for quite awhile and have a little of everything. I still haven't snagged a Jewel/Streamline, it if one shows up in this box I wouldnt pass it up. But chasing unicorns is mostly in the past, I mainly like trying new blades and scent be it soaps or aftershaves. @Jrdelgado Same goes for you brother, let me know if there is anything you might be interested in finding in the box.

Until it arrives in my box, haves shaves to all and to all a good night.

-Brian

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

RyX, kjbarth and Jrdelgado like this.
  5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Thank you! Off the top of my head I’m not looking for anything in particular. I always like to try soaps and blades myself.

RyX, MrEE, kjbarth and 1 other person like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Received box today. Yippee!

@twhite is up next. Please PM me your address. I'll have it moving before this week is over. Anything specific you may be looking for?

Question....Am I supposed to get a family photo of what showed up? What I take out? What I put in? That's not specifically mentioned in the OP...and briefly looking at the previous 2019 traveling box threads, it looks like the first on the list usually did a first image of what is in the box?

And I do completely understand take out more than I put in.....:)

Enrico, RyX and kjbarth like this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Pics are always welcome!

kjbarth likes this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nope I like surprises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b1hart, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you wish, a photo of the whole shebang as it arrived is fun. Makes the rest of us wonder how it all fits. They you poke, sniff, slice off a sample or three. Within minutes or after a couple of days you'll find that there are items you want. Pull them out, take a photo and post it. Then figure out what you want to add and post that third picture. That gives the rest of us a Virtual Visit with The Box. Tape it up, and ship it out!
    Did you notice the plywood inner liner? that's to nelp contain the contents. If were still using the same outer cardboard carton the tape is getting thick. Those of us that have already participated are in again because we have more to give. There's never enough room to pass on all our extra stuff. So this Third Round has New Participants to help "make room". Consider the gear you choose - a razor, a brush, some soap, bottle of aftershave? There's a complete setup. Now go back and see what there''s more of. Choose another couple of items. When you add your Gives is there any extra space? You must choose to either fill it with shave gear, odd items that others might find interesting, or bubble wrap. It's a little like Show and Tell, or trading baseball cards. It's supposed to be fun.

10. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Got it! I will do an image of what arrived (everything unwrapped), rather than just the opening of the box (too late for that image anyway). No way you'd see everything with just removing the plywood liner...this box is stuffed in layers!

I'll then do an image of what I remove. What I put in....I'll keep a mystery so @twhite (and someone else down the line) will hopefully have a surprise.

One item in particular is something I've wanted since my journey of wet shaving began back in Dec 2018. It's quite a coincidence....being the only Gillette razor I've wanted as addition to my other 2 Gillettes I acquired in Jan/Feb, which was a 1966 L1 Slim and a 1.95 Gillette.

Enrico, RyX and kjbarth like this.
  11. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

We are always curious if you have enough flat surface area to take a family photo. I never managed to get it all out in one location.. other people seem to use the oven :)

Enrico, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Those two are great examples of Gillette engineering. I'm curious what you got to complete your wish list!

Enrico likes this.
  13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

8727610B-B990-4089-A268-471F71BCEE5C.jpeg
    Original contents of ‘Da Box’. Minus several Soap and AS sample sizes, which are tough to read anyway.

C78B89EC-2741-4559-9A64-14AEA4924A8C.jpeg
    My take from Da Box:

Gillette 1921 Single Ring. Something my Grandfathers would possibly shaved with. I’ve asked aunts, uncles, cousins, to see if any of them had anything shave related from my grandfathers. I was about to start my own hunt in a month or so.

Kiss My Face. Daughter is happy with for leg shaving.

SS, AS, and brush. Love boar brushes, and this aroma of Stirling.

Stainless Bowl. Made in Denmark. Been there many times for work. Never had any big souvenirs, this will be a great reminder.

Mardi Gras beads. Super sentimental as well. Grew up in South Louisiana. Moved my elderly parents here (DFW, Tx) a couple years ago. Mom has passed, but Dad still lives in an senior living apartment complex. He graduated LSU, so my wife and I decorated his apartment with tons of LSU memorabilia, family photos, and now we’ll do a Mardi Gras themed area.

My additions....Soaps, AS, razor or three, brush.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Enrico, Jrdelgado, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Two sticks of Derby being added, a Parker Razor, a New Azumi Kamisori, bunch o'blade 5 packs, brush I won via the Father's Day raffle here on TSD, etc.

Enrico, Jrdelgado, RyX and 2 others like this.
  15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs021:

Jrdelgado, RyX and kjbarth like this.
  16. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

So I read through the threads for the first 2 traveling boxes a couple times and I don't think I see an answer to a question I have. I don't want to ruffle any feathers and get kicked out or moved to the end of the line for doing something against the rules either written or unwritten/unspoken.

The box gets to me and I take stuff out, put stuff in and for all my engineering degrees, can't figure out a way to get everything back into the box and I already "took more". I know the box itself is sacred and has been rebuilt, re-engineered, has all the latest software upgrades and technology features so the box stays. Is there a rule against putting the box into another larger box so the additional stuff can fit and mail the larger box with the smaller box inside to the next victim I mean recipient??

Jrdelgado and RyX like this.
  17. stingraysrock

The box is a flat rate box so the cost is level for everyone.

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

There is only one answer. Read what this guy said;
    It it won't all fit you got to take something else out! Them's the rules. :)

Enrico, b1hart, kjbarth and 2 others like this.
  19. stingraysrock

Since you took the beads and bowl, it seems to me there should be ample room. How about a pic?

Alternatively, you could take a soap, brush, razor and blade pack and get your significant other started on our hobby...

20. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Awesome takes! I love the single rings! I have 4! Great razors! Man this is fun!

twhite, RyX and kjbarth like this.