Can anyone identify

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jbcohen, Sep 24, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Can anyone identify any of the razors in the below photo:

Attached Files:

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Yes.

:D

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Please enlighten me what are these beauties pictured?

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Think that I have identified two of the three. Think that the middle one is a Gillette Speedway and the one on the right is a Women's Gillette. Please confirm or deny and also please help identify the one on the left.

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Left = Gillette Tech

You would be correct on the other 2.

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Thanks now I know what I have in my hands, one more question - would someone please give me an opinion as to the qaulity of the shaves from each of these three.

7. Will

Will Nevermind

The Speed, sorry no.

The Tech, very nice gentile razor (maybe even more gentle then a Superspeed).

The Ladies razor is pretty much a superspeed with a long handle (my wife uses it more than I do, I shaved with it once or twice but its hers).

8. jfrancisco

jfrancisco New Member

Tech = nice gentle shave; with not a lot of blade exposure.

Ladies Gillette = my favorite of the three; medium blade exposure and nice balance. My wife uses one every day and I really like the results (I refuse to speak for her :D) I find this one similar to the Flared Super speed with the main difference coming from the balance provided by the long handle.

Speedway = aggressive shaver with the most blade exposure of the three.

With good technique, they are all capable of providing excellent shaves. I've had the most consistent luck with the Ladies Gillette/Super Speed, but I'll use a nice gentle razor like the Tech when my face is sore from experimenting with other razors.

All the best,
    ::