Cleanin' yer DEs the smart way

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by moviemaniac, Mar 30, 2007.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

clean 'em :D

No, seriously: Brushes get clogged with the time, the calcium-deposits on the bristles decreases their performance and therefore they need to be cleaned every few months. Some use Borax, some use Hair-shampoo, I use my ultrasonic-cleaner :D

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Now that we've all been wanting a PRO ultrasonic cleaner and been driving the bid prices up, I've lost the last 8 auctions on the Bay. Each time I bid a couple of $ more than the last one went for. Won't be long and the "Buy it Now" will look good. :rofl Didn't have to, I got one! Yea!!!!!!!!!

3. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

I purchased one a few weeks back after reading this post. Works great on my razors and eyeglasses.

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I hear ya Bro ! feel the same pain here.
    or how about this one just when you think you found one for a good price another prof. cleaner looks better for the price . I could have won a 2L version for 110 euro's about but then I discovered a 4.5L version which has a tap on the side to let the water out. that seemed very handy to me. looking back..well should have gone for the 2L one and get it over with cuz all my razors need a MAJOR ! cleanning..:mad:

I dont think the consumer once will work will they about $30 they are ? typical Tell Sell crap.

5. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Holy macroni , Klaus you use the machine for your brushes aswell you dip the whole brush into the machine ? completely emerged in water ? that would be uber cool ! :cool:

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Yepp, I use it for brushes as well but no, I don't put the whole brush under water. Here's what I posted the previous page of this thread:

7. minderasr

minderasr Member

Just a head's up. I placed a couple of drops of toilet cleaner in my ultrasonic, and it stained the basin. Probably a good idea to mix the toilet cleaner in some water before adding it to your ultrasonic cleaner.

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I always put the water in first and then add the cleaning agents - works like a charm :)

9. minderasr

minderasr Member

This is exactly what I did.

10. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

When I get back to Korea, I will bring my razors to the sauna. They usually have ultrasonic cleaners for your glasses, so I'll just throw in my razors.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I love the idea of that :rofl

12. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I'll make a Daily Dose of Decadence post about it when I get back to Korea.
    I plan to spend my first 5 days back in the sauna to combat jetlag.