Do You See What I See

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Timwcic, Jun 16, 2019.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A Made for Cooper by Conrad non-floating head, almost the same as the pictured Barbasol above and in the 1933 patent application, base plate looks the same to me but with narrower cap. For whatever reason mine seems less efficient than the Barbasol version.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    brit likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

There is an advert on page 11 here I posted showing a newspaper ad for that razor. Cooper starting selling that style razor around 43/44.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/cooper-razor-owners-club-crc.58454/page-11

Whether the razor was Cooper's or not is speculation but not that they sold this under their brand name.

For clarity an ad posted by @jmudrick showing the same razor head on the Barbasol from 1934.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/cooper-razor-owners-club-crc.58454/page-12

You can see the razor heads are identical. There are whole bunch of pictures of that Cooper razor in that thread including one of mine on the last page.

brit likes this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The cap on mine is not identical to the (curved end, tab covering) Barbasol.

brit likes this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Doesn't have to be to be an OEM. Just like when the Viking razor even though made Bali was not the same razor shave wise. There is too much nonfunctional shaping that is identical between the both that makes it most likely an OEM including the shape of the shoulders on the cap. It is possible Conrad just shaped the cap slightly differently to change how it shaves. I don't have a Barbasol non floating head like that to compare right now.

brit likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Sure looks like this one. Same tell tale seam on the cast handle, same non rounded cap head. December 1944. Conrad was marketing the Clix at this time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Enrico and brit like this.
  6. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Thanks for all. The info flows freely with just a picture. Here it is with its Barbarsol cousin. There is a family resemblance on the safety bar. Somewhere I have a Clix 500, but con not find now. I now have a nice Conrad family

BCBEEE24-1568-4E82-8383-E7D79BBE2E7D.jpeg

brit, Edison Carter and Enrico like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very nice! :happy088:

:eatdrink013:

brit likes this.