Need help IDing Gillette New

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Norcalnewb, Sep 1, 2016.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That is definitely way too much for that razor. I just picked up a new deluxe with a bar handle and a case for $25. I have a New Improved Tuckaway that goes with me to the gym, but am not a huge fan of the short handle with mediocre grip. If you can find a good deal on a New Deluxe or a New Improved, hop on it. They are both great shavers.

brit and Norcalnewb like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

what would this be? norfolk case with a new improved milady razor? s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

OK, this is just a guess. Your razor and case looked different to me because of the engraving style on the outside of the case with red interior and the razor. You might have a 1922 Gold Tuckaway in a 1930's Gold New Norfolk case. These two pictures are why I think that. 1922 Tuckaway gold.jpg 1930s Norfolk gold beschriftet-Logo.jpg

Frijolero, johnnyflake and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you jim..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

If I ever run across the correct case, I'll let you know.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you ,that would be awesome..i think i have a new that matches this case..looks like a short comb belongs in it though..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

Yeah, new SC head and blade bank easy to get. Short common bar handle harder.

8. jimjo1031

OK, found a seller selling exactly what you have. He's calling it a Tuckaway. Maybe there was a set made that way, never know.

Jayaruh and brit like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice detective work, Jim.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

found another one like mine on ebay.. s-l1600 (22.jpg s-l1600.jpg

johnnyflake, jimjo1031 and CrustyCat like this.