Rockwell Model T

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I know what you mean. I kickstarted the 6S and like it, so I gave them my money for the Model T way back somewhere in the development phase. I figured it would take longer than planned to get produced, so I haven't really worried about it or put it in my calendar for receipt at any particular date. I don't even remember anymore what finish I ordered - gunmetal maybe. But I am getting sick and tired of "Next year, Jerusalem" updates. Just say you're six months behind schedule and be done with it!

And I still haven't received that address confirmation email either...

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  2. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

So they're shipping pre-orders before filling their pledge orders to backers, both Kickstarter and Indiego.
    Interesting.

brit and Hembree like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Desert Time, You probably are on the last batch being shipped before the next batch goes out. I guess you are in the next batch with me. I think they ship the T's by different finishes. I am in the gunmetal group, so this group is next. Then they cycle to the next finish, etc. Who knows what really is going on with this company.

brit, Hembree and DesertTime like this.
  4. Trigger

Well, one day after they replied to my poison pen email, Rockwell notified me that they shipped my T razor. I have a tracking number and delivery is expected on Tuesday June 5. Moral of the story: The squeaky wheel gets the grease! It will have been slightly over 8 months since I placed this order. Caution: If anyone orders a Model T, then expect a very long wait for it to be delivered. In other words, order today and you won't get it until February of next year if you go by my 8 month wait.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    8 months, lol. Piker.

I ordered mine on Kickstarter in March 2016 and got it a few weeks ago. Most of the people in this thread waited 3 years for this razor. All the backers on Kickstarter and Indigogo were supposed to get their razors before any "preorder" customers got theirs, so your post comes across as a bit of "be a complete dick, and they will let you cut in line."

stuartganis and Weasel640 like this.
  6. Trigger

First off, calling me that name is uncalled for and it shows the caliber of person you truly are. Second, as a customer I had a right to complain and threaten them to get my money back. Third, their correspondence to me over the last few months assured me that all the pledges would be fulfilled before they would send out the preorders. If you carefully read my previous comment on this thread, I mentioned that I was ticked that someone with a higher preorder number got their address confirmation before me and I didn't get one. I happened to find this out on Rockwell's FB page. The guy preordered 1 month after me. With this new revelation, going on Rockwell's previous texts that since they started giving address confirmation emails to preorder customers, I rightly presumed that all the pledges were delivered or the last batch of pledges were in the process. So, you owe me an apology sir. I would never intentionally cut the line, but in your case, you were way out of line with me. As a born-again Spirit-filled Jesus' follower, I forgive you. Peace and blessings to you!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Hembree likes this.
  7. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I wish I can pour on some more hate but, I’m afraid that is not going to happen. As Hall&Oates would have said “No can do”. Because, I have had nothing but excellent shaves with my Model T.

Dropped in a Feather SS blade in the Model T and Holy Moly! What a shave! Excellent efficiency with great smoothness and skin feel. Not a single nic, cut or weeper. Irritation was nowhere to be found or felt. It was just an excellent shave. I haven’t had a single issue as of yet and honestly, I don’t think I will. It has performed brilliantly without any type of malfunction, mishap or something falling apart on the Model T. And trust me, I’ve been waiting for it but, I must confess it has been a wonderful razor so far. I hope that Rockwell clears up this mess and considerable amount of quality control issues that have plagued them so far because if they did, I think that they would have a definite winner on their hands with the Model T. It has been that good. Others have stated that it’s not as good as the 6s for whatever reason. I’m on the other side of the fence on that. The Model T has been a superior performer for me over the 6s & 6c and again, ymmv rules definitely apply here. Increased efficiency throughout the dial settings without sacrificing much in feel and smoothness. On construction, the 6s gets it but, after that it has all been the Model T for me.

2F08ECE8-FCB0-4552-AD1B-D821F7D54FB9.jpeg

Tdmsu, PatrickA51, BigD and 2 others like this.
  8. Trigger

I am glad you are enjoying your Model T.

Hembree and Str8on2 like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy093:Model T shave is a coming for Joe!
    [​IMG]

BigD, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  10. Trigger

I love it! It will be part of my pick of the draw of my razors this month. I will not put the slip of paper in the "hat" until it is in my hand.

11. Hembree

How can that be a pick of the draw? You will have to shave with it soon as it comes in, then throw a Model T label in the hat.

brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

I am glad I have your permission to shave with it as soon as I get it. Lol!

brit likes this.
  13. Hembree

Not only is it permission but a command! ;)

brit and Trigger like this.
  14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You are hardly the first person I've mocked in this thread for being impatient, but you are the first to complain about being on the receiving end.

I apologise for being an inconsiderate person and for not taking into account how badly I hurt your feelings. I also apologise for calling you a "piker." I meant it in the context of "you've been waiting a brief amount of time compared to some of us," but after reading the American definition of the word, I agree that you are probably not a penny slots person.

I was only selfishly thinking of the many people who invested in the Rockwell Model T and had to wait far longer than you.

As for the caliber of person I am, I don't make a habit of bragging about "poison pen emails" and then play the Jesus card on the next post. I'm generally a pretty laid back person, but I do have a nasty sarcastic streak a mile wide, and sometimes it slips out. If it gets too bad, the mods will delete the post, it being a family friendly forum and all.

Oh, and when I backed the project, I was backer #27. I backed out when I saw they were using zinc, along with a couple hundred other people, but rejoined when they promised to make the razor out of brass. That pushed my number back to #200 and something. Still ended up getting my razor 6 or more months later than other people because I picked brushed chrome for my finish. Did it hurt to see backer #1400+ get his razor before me? Yep. Did I fire off emails to Rockwell? Yep.
    Twice.

...to inform them that my address had changed. Life is too short to get mad about a single razor, and I knew they were sending the razors out based on finish ordered, not backer # order. No clue if the same thing was happening in your case.

I guess that makes me a piker, since I gambled a small amount of money on the chance that Rockwell would make an adjustable razor and send me one. Crowdfunding is a gamble, and investors are not guaranteed a return.

So from a piker to a non-piker, enjoy your razor, your apology, and your shaves; I on the other hand, will go through life feeling greatly blessed that I have your complete forgiveness, even for this sarcastic drivel of a post.

I will try to live up to 1 Peter 3:9... tomorrow.

15. Trigger

Thank you for your apology. I just want to live in peace and harmony. Peace to you.

16. Trigger

Hi guys! I just received my Model T. She is a real beauty. My only concern is that the number of turns from the open to lock position seems excessive. I have to make 5 full turns to close the razor. Is that normal?

Str8on2, brit and Hembree like this.
  17. Hembree

It was suppose to come with a crank handle Joe. :happy102:
    [​IMG]

18. Trigger

Funny!

Str8on2, Hembree and brit like this.
  19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@Trigger
    The excessive turning is to insure the blade doesn't come loose in the middle of a pass.

brit, Str8on2, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  20. Trigger

Thanks for the explanation because it just felt very odd to have that many turns to close it.