The Haul: March 19 - March 25

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by moviemaniac, Mar 19, 2007.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

too bad I couldn't take good pics of the insides of the insert and the case - they were far messier than the outside but cleaned up equally well. Would've taken me 2 hours manually for the whole lighter - did it in 3x 5minutes with that little machine - without getting my hands dirty and I could go on about my work while the cleaner was doing its thing :cool:

Just wait until I post the pics of me cleaning my DEs - we'll have to do a group-buy afterwards :D :cool:

@Rich: have you been taking advantage of that C&E-sale? :drool

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Arko twins?

6 tubes Fax Sport shaving cream
    6 tubes Fax Sensitive shaving cream

I'll keep 1 of each variety for myself, and send away the others to a few special friends of mine here. This brand seems to be a twin of Arko shaving cream, except that the tubes are smaller, but the packaging is quite similar. I took a test lathering just now with the Fax Sensitive, and it seems like it has a richer lather, and a better substance--gosh is that possible?

Jeff

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Look out TJ --

Got some goods coming your way. PM me your address again.

Thanks to Suzuki for the hookup!!!

Attached Files:

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Came in today:

Swedish SWING De Razor :D [Thank you Thomas...its awesome!!!]

swing.jpg

And....

A Kent BK4

eat your heart out Fergie

5. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I would be interested to hear what you think of it as well!

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I'll tell you one thing, bud - they really spoil you with the presentation....usually I'm not one to care, but these guys really do it right :happy088

I am very impressed, however, with the quality of this brush...in terms of feel, ergonomics, and softness of the bristle. Its exactly what I hoped it will be - let's see how the lathering goes :D

Speaking of the case - are these suitable for use as travel containers?

7. madmedic

Never tried....I am not sure how they would hold up to severe abuse. I just put mine to the side.......it is almost "ornamental"

8. madmedic

I have often wondered what the AP series is like. I never see it mentioned. Same specs....just a frosted glass handle

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The AP series looks awesome, I really like the looks of the handle.....however it doesn't seem as ergonomic/useful as the BK handles.

10. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

As a BK8 owner I can fore tell the future TJ you will never sell that brush again.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Michael has ruined me. :D

I made a lather (two actually :drool) with the BK4, as a test. I already have a BK8 on the way, from a trade.......and I am now convinced I need the BK12 as well :sad027:scared011

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Floppy depending on what you are comparing it to....compared to a SR 3XXX, these are mops. However, I am growing somewhat fond of floppy brushes (thats not to say I don't like a good, dense, firm brush); its a different kind of luxury. I just like brushes :D

The Kent is very addicting, be careful ;)

Discount code: GBK1777 (tell them Michael sent you, so he gets his commission check :happy001)

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Back from Texas! I feel like John Wayne now. I bought a nice pair of Justin boots in Hillsboro, and got some baccy at Heroes & Legacies in Austin.

The coolest thing, though, was being able to bring back my grandpa's rifles that my mom left me when she died in '01. My dad had been saving them for me, and I brought both home on this trip.

Oh, and when I got back, I had some QED Wild Rose soap waiting I got from Larry Bob over at TOP. I was supposed to have a Tony Miller strop, but no show. I hope it is at the P.O., since we had our mail held while we were gone. I'm a little nervous because there was no pickup card in the bundle. :confused:

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Joe,

I deleted my post, I forgot about the thread on the Kent brushes and just re-read it.

I have the B&B in finest and a Shavemac 23mm Silvertip, comparing the two my B&B is quite a bit floppier than the Shavemac...not that that's a bad thing, just different as you had mentioned.

Reading Michaels thread on the Kents, it sounds like the B&B and the BK8 seem to be quite similar, which may save me some money as that is the one I was considering.

If I do end up getting one I will make sure to tell them Michael sent me and you too..:D

Thanks!!

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Glad you had a good trip, Hopefully you'll get the TM Strop on Monday. Tony may have a tracking number for you if you shoot him a PM..;)

16. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

BK12 ????

OH No ! Big Bigger Biggest , Humongous Giganticus !!! that is what the BK12 is.

I didnt know you lathered your Chest aswell TJ ! :rofl :rofl
    that would be the only reasons to get a BK12.
    It is seriously huge TJ , I would really like you to do a test with the BK4 and BK8
    and specially on cream consumption I find I can make easy lather with the Muhle superbadger with a certain amount of cream but the same cream just gets eaten up by the BK8 so the BK8 def. needs more cream to generate the same amount of lather would that make sense ?

Law of lather making.

X equals Knotsize versus Y Badger hair type * amount of lather cream density in milligram = Lather amount in volume ?

You be my Math prof. TJ and try it out BK4 vs BK8

17. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Congratulations on the BK4, Joe!
    I've got one of those too and it's a GREAT brush, I simply adore it!
    Have fun! ::

Oh, besides, the discount code doesn't seem to work anymore. Tried it last week but they didn't accept it... :rolleyes:

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Joe, my brotha, that is one sexy looking razor--use it in good health! ;)

Jeff

19. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

over last weekend.....

Picked up some more goodies for our trip to Yosemite next week....
    Cool new "DOPP" travel bag from Ralph Lauren
    3 pairs wool socks from Rockport
    New pair of Wrangler jeans
    LL Bean snow boots