Colgate Barber Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by old-school shaver, May 11, 2016.

1. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen this before ? Colgate Barber Shaving Soap. I picked up this puck a couple weeks ago at an antique store for two dollars no box or anything just a puck of soap. Any idea how old it might be .
    Ken P. IMG_20160511_201101.jpg

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Seen them before. I hear they lather well

Robyflexx and old-school shaver like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

No idea on the age. I have a puck and it does well; never a disappointment when it comes up in the rotation. No real scent to speak of. I add a couple drops of EO to my lather bowl and whip it in just to get some scent.

old-school shaver likes this.
  4. realtore!!!

realtore!!! Active Member

Never had a puck that had any scent. Probably just dissipated with age. Always works well though.

5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I got one of these from @Darkbulb. I haven't gotten my soap collection down enough to get it mixed into the rotation yet, but I will. I hear it performs very well, but doesn't really have a scent.

Robyflexx and old-school shaver like this.
  6. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas New Member

I am working at finishing one now for six months of every other day shave, yep minimalistic chap, start one, finish, buy another.
    If you bloom it the soap will give you excellent protective lather, if not then less so.
    Just my 2p.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. swarden43

Soak. :p

Eeyore and Linuxguile like this.
  8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Most vintage soap has good performance, but tends to lack scent. The only Colgate soap I have tried is the green Colgate-Palmolive puck, since it is a different color, I assume it is a different formula.

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. swarden43

10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

My grandfather would buy Colgate or Williams depending on which was on sale.

11. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

I have not tried the soap yet. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or just hang on to it. I only have the one puck and I have never seen it before buying this puck.
    Ken P.

12. Bezoar

Bezoar Active Member

the puck you have is the most desired colgate shaving soap made after ww2. when people slather over shaving with vintage colgate and talk of great great lather and shaves, this is it.

Price wise its rather expensive on the hoof. The best price I have seen is 15-20$ a puck. I have seen un opened 8 pack rolls sell for 1-130$ on the flea bay. IF you seriously want more of it, you need to cruise the buy it now or etsy pages.

Paul Turner and Carbide Mike like this.