How to overcome a soap addiction?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by wristwatchb, Sep 22, 2019.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Oh, never mind...

I'm clean now. ;)

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

May I quote you on that?

MR41, RyX, wristwatchb and 1 other person like this.
  3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Good Charlie.
    Had me worried for a moment.

tp

RyX, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

@wristwatchb Charlie, I think someone hacked your account. You may want to change your password. Or... you've become terribly confused as to where to seek help with this "issue." :(

5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Actually I stopped at the "Oh never mind" before I wrote my reply.....didn't see the conclusion of his post lol.

7. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Well. There is an answer to that question. Buy them all. :bounce017:

8. richgem

... in multiples.

RyX, wristwatchb, brit and 1 other person like this.
  9. richgem

This reminds me, Charlie, of the time that you were addicted to the Hokey Pokey. I was really worried for you then. But I'm glad you turned yourself around. I mean, that's what it's all about, right?

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS, RyX and 3 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

PanChango, RyX, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. richgem

RyX, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  12. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I thought I was recovering after I made my own tallow based soap.... superior to any soap I own............ then recently bought 2 soaps “for the bowls”, and they were discounted. I really want Panna Crema! But am very happy with my self made soap..... almost cured me of my addiction.

wristwatchb, RyX, Sara-s and 3 others like this.
  13. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Oh well, what about MWF? I would happily shave with that for the rest of my days. Does that mean I'm addicted? :shocked003:

wristwatchb, brit, RyX and 2 others like this.
  14. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

Leclec, I for one would be interested in how you make soaps and maybe a good book on the subject.

RyX likes this.
  15. Carson West

I love this hobby, love purchasing new products, love variety and rotation, and I have no desire to break my addiction. Razors, soaps, and brushes won't threaten my health, well-being, or bank account like drugs, alcohol, or gambling, so I'll keep making monthly purchases. I find that 50 to 80 bucks of gear a month keeps me satisfied. I love receiving new stuff in the mail. It makes me feel like I did as a kid when I got my Captain Video decoder ring.

By the way, great joke.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    RyX, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  16. Leclec13

I did internet research.... used old formula Williams as a guide. Added my own selection of moisturizing / super fat. And my essential oils for smell.... I super fatted with Shea, lanolin , argan . ( I need to recheck recipe) added porcelain. Scented with lavender vetiver.. I even rendered the tallow. My technique was faulty but still resulted in a fully cured, great lather, slick, and moisturizing soap with a great nose.

RyX likes this.
  17. Carson West

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll look into it.

RyX likes this.
  18. Leclec13

I hear you on feeling like kid..... man / woman. Has to have their toys.... i’m Almost a year in to this avocation and have greatly curbed my purchases. Currently I’m thinking quality not quantity .... even considering thinking the herd and selling off some... I am planing on buying a japanese natural stone as a birthday present to my self in December. And looking for a decent kamisori for Christmas present to my self.

brit, RyX and Carson West like this.
  19. Leclec13

Hit me up if you have question.... I’m far from an expert... will be glad to toss ideas around.....

Carson West likes this.
  20. Leclec13

i ended up stopping chasing a soap's scent even after shave, when i replaced that with bit of research into and buying good colognes. this seriously curtailed almost cured my soap addiction

wristwatchb, brit and RyX like this.