How's Your Day? August 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joachim

Joachim Well-Known Member

Monday
    and a 7 day work week...in night shift..

RaZorBurn123, AGHisBBS and RetLEO-07 like this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Ouch!

3. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

On Friday night I went to sit down on my favorite deck chair only to find that it had been moved. I fell straight on my tail bone. I checked, about all that medicos can do is give me narcotic pain pills, witch I refuse to take. The pain is terrible. Nothing is very funny right now. :(

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

That sucks my brother. There are other pain killers. I prescribe three or four fingers at a time until pain ceases.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Mom is improving steadily. The rehab to which we transferred her is working out well. She gets lots of therapy and the staff is responsive. She will probably be able to go home on Saturday.

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This morning I found out that a coworker that I've worked with for over thirty years died over the weekend. It's been a long day.

AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123 and RetLEO-07 like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

Hang tough Brian. You have my sympathies.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you Jim!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sorry to hear. :(

RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not a good beginning to today(Tues)...reached up for a coffee mug and ended up knocking another one down, thus giving my thumb a couple of cuts. The mug broke...my sister bought me that just a couple years ago.

AGHisBBS and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sorry to hear, Brian.

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm sorry to hear Mr. C. My sincere condolences to you and your coworkers family.

mrchick likes this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

Yesterday my youngest son and our grandbabies stopped by, well. My grandson wanted to spend the night, so after dinner my wife made him a nice comfy bed in the recliner.
    After about 10 minutes I noticed he wasn't giving his usual commentary during the movie, what happened?
    image.jpg he crashed out!! He ended up sleeping until about 10pm, woke up and went in with his Aunt for the night. Well it's 7:32am and the boy is still zzzzzzzz

Paul Turner, mrchick and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. richgem

Sleep time, high levels of energy, and youth are all wasted on the young. ;)

AGHisBBS and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

No lie.

16. RetLEO-07

They crash quick when the charge wears out. Both my boys were like that. Full bore one minute, out cold the next.
    Great pic by the way!

17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

This pretty much sums it up today....

And even more surprising was that he used to be a boxer and went 7 rounds with Roberto Duran.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sitting here watching the tail end of a replay of the Texans - Panthers game when I notice an individual there in the stadium just doing his job. Certainly not a job I would want being field level at an NFL game.

He's security and has to keep his back to the field while keeping eyes on a crowd of thousands, many of whom are probably drunk and acting like morons. I'd hate it! They crowd goes wild over a huge play that may go down in history, and you missed it! You're there at the game!! Live and in person, even!!! And you can't watch any of it!!!!!

Nope. Couldn't do it.

Now give me the job of being the Dial-a-Down dude. Right there, not just on the sideline, but on the line of scrimmage!! "Scuse me. I need to move to the line, please." And all I gotta do is shift numbers, and there's only four of them!!

RaZorBurn123 and RetLEO-07 like this.
  19. richgem

Nom nom nom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  20. richgem

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS likes this.
Thread Status: