Making Scents of My Post Covid Fragrance Game

Discussion in 'Scents' started by SharptoothC, Mar 2, 2021.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'm curious: for those of you who have had your sense of smell affected long term by Covid, how has it affected your scent game? Nearly a month post Covid, my sense of smell is still severely limited/altered.

I have found myself reaching for unscented or lightly scented soaps because I feel less frustrated when I cannot smell them. Most of my aftershaves/colognes/EDTs have gone untouched because I either cannot smell them OR I cannot smell certain notes within them, which alters the scent greatly, and that bothers me. What scents ARE you able to smell or not smell? I can smell mostly what I regard as herbal scents. Sweet scents and musky scents are pretty much gone for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

man that is awful, hope you get your sense of smell back soon. That would drive me crazy not being able to smell my daily fragrances i wear
    ... so is it better than a month ago when you had Covid or the same as it was? I am guessing you lost your sense of taste to?

3. SharptoothC

It's been interesting. I have more taste back than smell, but smell affects taste, so lots of things taste different now. Some things taste bland, while others seem to be missing elements. So combinations that used to be complimentary are not necessarily so. Makes it difficult to cook too, as I often cook by my sense of taste and smell.

4. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

It took me six months to recover my sense of smell, and when it came back it came back with a vengeance! Everything stunk! I couldn't handle the smell of the perfume used in laundry detergent from freshly washed clothes. It has died down somewhat but my sense of smell is still somewhat heightened about a year later. Fortunately, my aftershaves smell great!

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have heard it can take a while. I hope you recover quickly.

SharptoothC likes this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, normally I would say that really stinks. But apparently it doesn't. :eek:

I hope everyone is back to normal soon.

7. SharptoothC

Haha, it makes changing diapers a lot easier! We all seem to be on the mend, but quirky little after effects keep popping up.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. SharptoothC

I'll take more scent over less! I will NOT take it for granted again!

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Joseph-is that Ralph Lauren Safari you sent me an aftershave as well as a cologne?