Posting from iOS Device (iPhone/iPad)

Discussion in 'Post testing' started by Rufus T., Jul 25, 2015.

1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

When traveling or away from my main computer, I have been scratching my bald head trying to figure out how to upload a photo with my TSD posts while using iOS. Posting text is easy, it's the upload that baffles me because of the lack of a file heirarchy on iOS perhaps?

Knowing me, it's something simple. Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,
    RT

Cap7597 and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Assuming that your photo can be viewed through the iOS photo app you can for instance upload a photo to any thread using the Tapatalk app.

Cap7597 likes this.
  3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I save the photo to my camera roll then when I click upload a file it gives me the option to take a photo or chose from the camera roll.

4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks DB!
    I had thought of looking at Tapatalk a bit more in depth. It seemed a bit clunky to me when I gave it my first cursory try for viewing/posting use. I hadn't noticed the photo upload feature. I'll have to spend more time working with it.
    Thanks,
    RT

5. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Chris I assume that's with Tapatalk? Not iOS Safari.

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

There's a lil icon that looks like a photo when you create/edit a post in tapatalk - click on that and it takes you to your photos...then you just select the one you want and Boom! it adds it to your post.

Rufus T. likes this.
  7. cmorris357

No I don't use tapatalk I just do it straight from safari. As long as the photo is on my phones photo library I can just click on the upload a file button. That opens a menu that asks if I want to take a picture or video, or choose one from the photo library. I select that option then it opens my photos and allows me to choose one. It then asks if I want the full pic or a thumbnail. Click on full pic and there it is.

8. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Cool, thanks!

[​IMG]

Give that man a cigar!

mrchick and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Weird.
    I'm posting from iPhone now. My Upload a File button brings up a panel that says Choose a File - which of course doesn't work on an iPhone. I'm running iOS 8.4 (newest version) on an iPhone 6+

10. cmorris357

I'm Running the same setup as you are. It will work when you click on choose a file BUT sometimes after I click on it nothing happens so I hit close, then click upload a file again and click choose a file. For some weird reason it takes me up to 3 times doing this before the menu opens to let me choose a photo or take a photo. Confusing I know, but hope this helps.

ARGH likes this.
  11. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

image.jpg You can click on upload a file from main site and then choose existing. But as Apple is different the orientation is 90 degrees off so take pics with the device sideways

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I use Safari and upload from my camera roll, fast and easy. Of course you'll need to resize :)

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I use Tapatalk with an iPad or iPhone for all of my posts and find it very easy to upload pics. I only have to switch to a browser to participate in surveys. Have fun.

14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks all. Still having problems with the iOS devices to upload photos directly from iPhone, but Tapatalk works just fine for me now except for their emojis don't appear as an option.

15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

16. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Text
    aha! One can use the built-in Apple emoji but not the TSD ones?

mrchick likes this.