Rockwell Model T

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Boaz1123

Boaz1123 New Member

...I would be more inclined if it were =ALL= stainless...too much otherwise

2. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Current estimated ship date for a Model T is April 2019. That's well past their current promise date to backers of February. My guess is they'll soon announce a new backer ship date of April.

PatrickA51 and Spang like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I believe it will be April 2020. Lol!

PatrickA51, Spang and Hembree like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

In this mornings e-mails I got an e-mail about order confirmation.From Rockwell. So maybe I will finally receive my razors. I hope that if they are half the quality of the Rockwell 6S Razor Set they will be a good razor.
    The waiting game is coming to an end.

RyX, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  5. Trigger

@PatrickA51 Good for you! Were you a backer or a preorder customer?

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. PatrickA51

A backer on Kickstarter. Backer number 1,689.

Trigger likes this.
  7. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

The Model T automobile was slow, too.

RyX, brit, BigMark83 and 2 others like this.
  8. Trigger

I didn't like the nonsense they pulled by announcing that they are shipping everything out in February. I emailed them last month to get a firm date when my preorder will be shipped. They respond by using kickstarter and indiego backers' dates, but they don't say anything about preorders. When I "purchased" the T at the end of September, a tentative ship date was end of December. Now, on their getrockwell site, if you buy a T today, it is shipped in April. What kind of cow cookies are they throwing? It probably means that maybe I get the T in April. That's 4 months past the original ship date and 7 months since I placed the order! I bet I won't see this razor until the end of the summer at the earliest.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  9. PatrickA51

@Trigger
    Don't get me started on the BS I think these clowns need to be prosecuted but then again there are probably a lot of people out there that feel the same. But the bottom line is no one twisted my arm to get me to back this project. I have backed several projects thru Kickstarter . And have not got the products. And basically there is no recourse. It's like putting dollar bills in a slot machine. :angry019::angry017::angry032:

brit, Frijolero and Trigger like this.
  10. Trigger

Today, I just received an email from them concerning my Model T. They stated that all the Kickystarter and Indiegogo backers will get theirs next month. The preorders will receive notice to confirm the address at the end of March and then they will ship them out in batches. Since I am preorder number 15000+, I guess I won't get it until after Memorial Day. Lol!

brit likes this.
  11. PatrickA51

@Trigger
    I will believe it when I see it or it's in my hands. My Rockwell-T Razor. They said that we would have them in October along time ago. I am beginning to think we all should donate a couple of shovels so they can muck out the cow pins. :rolleyes005: :shocked002: :confused:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Spang

Spang Member

Yes. Just as @DesertTime predicted, the projected delivery dates have been pushed out, yet again. As recently as one month ago (January 20th update) Rockwell said this:

"There are three major sub-assemblies: the adjustment dial, the one-piece T-bar and doors, and the TTO. This week, we will be completing all three major sub-assemblies for all 8,000 razors - which is a major milestone!"

Then in the same update, they said this:

"Based on reallocating the majority of our team to these final assembly steps, we are on track to complete all final assemblies and quality check steps in February, for all finishes."

So which was it? Did they complete assembly of all 8,000 pledges and pre-orders the week of January 20th, or was it "in February"? The answer, of course, is neither, as they are now saying that delivery will be "next month" (meaning, I assume, March) for pledges, and sometime after that for pre-orders. Perhaps they subscribe to the principle that two lies make a truth? In keeping with their ongoing pattern, the most recent KS update provides no shipping progress numbers or timelines. So, we really have no idea where they truly are in the process.

I do understand that with a crowdfunded project, things don't always go as planned. As a project sponsor, honestly communicating these setbacks is not fun, but it is what a good, honest business should do. But in this campaign Rockwell has instead chosen to engage in a deliberate pattern of over promising, intentionally misleading, and advancing outright falsehoods. Their current false promises are just the latest in the litany of disingenuous conduct that has characterized this campaign. Regardless of how good the razor might be, these guys are off my list.

13. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

They changed the date for pre-orders to April several weeks ago, knowing they were slipping the February commitment. Yet, if you look over their posts from the time they changed the pre-order date, you'll see they still promised they were "on track." This is not something new, but a pattern that's been obvious for two years.

Hembree, PatrickA51, brit and 4 others like this.
  14. PatrickA51

As I have said before their song and dance or shuck and jive routine is getting old.

brit and Hembree like this.
  15. PatrickA51

More like the year 2525 if man is still alive.......:happy097::happy102::happy108::happy093::happy088::taunt002:

Herm2502, RyX, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. Spang

Spang Member

Rockwell is now more than a week late with their promised "first week of March" update on the Model T. And there is a lot of grumbling over on the KS site comments section from backers who were promised delivery by the end of February and are still waiting on their address or shipping confirmation. Judging from the KS comments, it reads like a few more razors have been shipped/delivered, but it still seems like a snail's pace in terms of production.

Rockwell claimed, several weeks ago, to have received all of the parts needed to complete all the razors that were pledged. Given the alternative facts that have characterized this campaign, it is hard to say if that claim is true. But if it is, then it seems clear at this point that Rockwell lacks the resources and/or expertise to ramp up their assembly process to the level needed to fulfill the pledges in anything approaching a timely fashion. That's probably the result of cash flow problems or rank amateurism, or both, take your pick. Either way, these guys have once again succeeded in blowing through yet another deadline, and breaking yet another promise to their backers.

Str8on2 and PatrickA51 like this.
  17. PatrickA51

@Spang
    I sent them both Kickstarter and Rockwell an e-mail and have not received any reply.
    When I log on to the BackerKit web site it shows that my delivery address is locked in. Too bad we can't file a consumer affairs fraud case against these thieves and con men. I say it and I will say it their faces.
    I have lost more money in slot machines so maybe I shouldn't be so pissed off.
    I think these guys took lessons from the movie Film Flam Man staring George C. Scott
    Great movie my Dad and my Uncle both laughed so much when they watched it until they cried. It was one of my Fathers favorite movies I couldn't tell you why.

18. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

You put your money in the slot machine expecting to lose it.

Juno and PatrickA51 like this.
  19. Spang

Spang Member

Rockwell has posted a new KS update today. It's so unbelievably lame, I don't know what to say. But let's start here:

"We’re pleased to announce that we have now shipped the majority of Kickstarter pledge rewards."

Huh? In the last update, Rockwell "promised" that all pledges, and pre-orders, which they said totaled 8k razors, would be fulfilled by the end of February. Now , in mid-March, they are crowing about having shipped "the majority" of the Kickstarter pledges. That means that they have shipped a total of something around 2k razors (as there are about 4,000 KS backers). The good news is that this is the first semi-firm number Rockwell has yet offered as to actual numbers of razors shipped, which they have resolutely refused to do since claiming that they were shipping Model Ts "on schedule" back in February 2018. The bad news for backers is that this number is only one-quarter of the total number of razors they need to deliver. Given the tortoise-like pace of production, it could still be a long wait for many backers.

For backers still awaiting their address confirmation and shipping notification, never mind their actual razor, Rockwell offers this:

" ... please hold tight as we prepare to fulfill all remaining Kickstarter pledge rewards over these next final weeks."

Ah yes, "these next final weeks"; which could be every week from here on out, never mind how many. So as always, these guys spin and parse the words and avoid any actual commitment. They should be running for office.

Finally, the update reveals that Rockwell has had to order, yet again, more new parts, this time for the brushed chrome Model Ts. More than three years in, and they still haven't got their QC dialed in. My condolences to the backers who selected brushed chrome.

Str8on2, PatrickA51 and Trigger like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Haven't heard that tune in a while.

Supposed to be a cautionary tale, not a business plan? The good news is you might be the smartest man in the world by then.

PatrickA51 and Frijolero like this.