Schick Hydro-Magic 500

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Anyone own one of these? How do they shave, and what's a good price for one in nice condition with a case?

2. tom myers

tom myers Member

I have one of the original, shorter handled hydro-magics. I bought it new and used it for some time. As I recall, (and we're talking about 40 or so years ago), it shaved fine and was a lot easier to get the crud rinsed out of than my earlier injector. I don't really know if the head on the 500 is exactly the same, but I believe it is.

As far as the value, I can't help at all.

Regards,
    Tom

3. Hiya Rick,

What are the odds.........I have one of those.......heh. No, I'v never shaved with the '500', but have used both 'K' types (hydro heads). I actually liked that type more than most injectors because the head weighs a little more. They shaved pretty much like the others such as 'J', 'L', and 'M' types. All are nice shavers that worked well on my face.

If I remember correctly, the '500' type might be a little more aggressive, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as you know. They do have a longer handle than most other injectors, which you probably already realized.

I'd sell the one I have if you're interested. This is the Golden 500 version, with rounded black handle and gold head. The thing looks barely used, and the hydro mechanism works fine. It's got a box in poor condition I'll toss in, plus the instructions. You'd have a hard time finding a cleaner looking razor. How's $25 sound.......shipping included?

No problem if you wanna pass on the deal.........just figured I'd make the offer.
    Martin