SIGNATURE SCENT

Discussion in 'Scents' started by brit, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

A wise man takes his wife's opinions of his after shave's and cologne's scents seriously.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, jaro and brit like this.
  2. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Used Drakkar Noir today for the first time in years. I smell so good I want to take myself out to lunch!

Daywalker, Enrico, Bird Lives and 4 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

have a great time..:)

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Avon Mesmerize
    Pino
    Pinaud Special Reserve

Tedolph, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Now you're talking! Enjoy every minute...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brit, Paul Turner and Enrico like this.
  6. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

Presently:
    Vintage Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Aqua di Parma Colonia
    Terre D'Hermes ( tester samples)
    Guerlain Vetiver Vintage
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood
    Creed Royal Oud ( decants)
    I'm fresh out of fragrance funds for the moment!!!

brit likes this.
  7. Pattorashu

Pattorashu Member

My indulgence is HM (Hanae Mori), or Viktor Rolf Spice Bomb.

If I'm not going somewhere special, my go to is B&BW Teakwood or Midnight (I think, we just got it)

OR I love the combo of Captain's Choice bay rum balm and Pinaud Finest powder.

Latherin’ Luddite and brit like this.
  8. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I have such a big collection. I don't really have a signature scent. But I seem to reach for Dr. Harris Windsor the most over the last few years.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I have many aftershaves, so I mix mine up every day. They’re all the usual commercial offerings, so nothing too exotic.

10. devcich36

devcich36 New Member

My signature sent is Tom Ford Oud Fleur and this scent has a very sophisticated fragrance it is super rich with smokey wood and lush rush because this affordable oud perfumes has made up of some of the best and pure forms of ingredients.

11. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

[​IMG] upload_2021-1-29_22-15-20.jpeg these are my two signature scents.

12. Landro

Landro Member

I can't imagine having only 1.
    I will say though that my first and always stocked is Avon Wild Country.
    My wife bought me Davidoff 's Cool Water. Too strong for my taste but it makes her happy. So I will splash it on sometimes on the weekend.
    Other than that my top 4 are Pinaud, Citrus Musk, Proraso Red and Tabac.

13. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Well, it depends on the season:

Summer-F.A. Italian Citrus;
    Fall-Pinaud's Whiskey Woods or Pino Silvestre;
    Winter-VIBR; and,
    Spring-Clubman Classic.

All aftershaves, no colognes or EDT's-a gentleman's sent should never compete with his lady's fragrance!

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I don't have many in my collection, but that's by choice. That stuff can get expensive in a hurry!

Go-to would have to be Brut (my wife says it makes me smell like me), or Curve, another of my wife's favorite.

As for seasonal scents, I don't believe there is such a thing (unless you want to smell like a Christmastree), but that's me.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  15. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

This could definitely be signature scent worthy although I think the eau de toilette would be the better all rounder. Nonetheless, the eau de parfum of Terre D'Hermes is a classic masterpiece for those that enjoy a juicy bitter orange like vibe with vetiver & flint. As masculine as they come.....

32_3805_eed2e09e83b23678490cf86813ea8304_270.jpg

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The "Signature Scent" for Bill Neumann A.S.("Wm. Neumann&Co). is their "1907". I say "their" because it's 3 generations in 1 "family".

brit likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's nice and probably right, but no woman has ever said to me "Wow, I LOVE that." Maybe some have looked at me as if to SMELL me, but they're mum on the VERBAL persuasion.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Bird Lives and brit like this.
  18. Bird Lives

Ohh wow... You know some of my favorite scents have never gotten a compliment or remark... But there have definitely been some scents that scored remarks from Lady friends aswell as women I worked with that I didn't know well enough to expect a comment about my cologne. I had a lady club owner, where my Jazz Group was playing ask me what my cologne was so she could get some for her husband. And I had seen her before but I had never spoken to. So I think certain scents move some people enough to make comments...

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Never been able to pick one above the rest so I go with the weather. Today's in the mid 80s so it's Grey Flannel.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.