SoS: May 30, 2016 - June 5, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Thursday 2 June 2016

[​IMG]

Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake Razor, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

Today in Italy it is national day and we are celebrating the republic day, so today's shave consisted in Italian shaving items only. Every item has been made in Italy, a tribute to all those Italians who gave their life and ideals, who fought in the hope to give us a better Country and a better place to live in. Italy certainly is not the best country in the world - as I believe there is no best country in the world as each one has its wonderful things to share and to give, after all we are living in a wonderful world if we only could respect it and everyone better - however Italy is an amazing country rich in astonishing beauty, unsurpassed art and history, breathtaking views, luscious food and wonderful wines, elegant lifestyle marked by our "worldwide well known and appreciated" Italian style and fashion, traditions and culture, this country gave birth to marvelous geniuses, craftsmen and artists. Viva l'Italia! (Long live Italy!)​
    • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
    • Soap: Cella
    • Brush: Omega Brush #89
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
    • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake Razor, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
    • Post-Shave: Alum Block
    • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
    • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Thursday

[​IMG]

First shave with my new razor. I have learnt to be cautious with blessing new gear before it's been used for some time.
    But this razor seems outstanding! Weight, balance, heft, finish.. all seems very nice. Not perfect, but very nice.
    With "not perfect", I mean that this is not a machined 300$ piece, and it shows here and there, but only upon looking very closely in direct light.
    Could I care less? I'm not sure :D I'm looking forward to the next many shaves with it.
    I have some wiry grains just below my chin and razors usually stumble there unless carefully guided by technique.
    It felt like the Rockwell told me "don't worry mate, I got this, you just relax, ay?". So I did, and so it got - every single hair was removed with confidence.
    If this is groundwork’s for the future to come for me with this razor, I can only say I'm very happy with this purchase.
    I had a 2 day growth and I kid you not - 2 passes yielded a BBS, close as I've ever gotten. Smooth, easy, no irritation.
    Tomorrow I'll try baseplate #2 and see if that'll be my daily plate with only 24 hours growth.

@Omelmad you're up next, go get that Rockwell! :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

2 June 2016 Shower/Shave:

Pre-Shave: Warm shower
    Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
    Blade: Dollar General Stainless Steel, likely by Personna
    Brush: Klenzo B75, inherited from my maternal Grandfather
    Cream: The Real Shaving Co. Moisturising skincare formula
    After Shave Lotion: Pinaud Clubman

After three shaves, my blade seems to be kaput. Slim was set to 3 today. No razor burn but a little weeper at the base of my neck. Clubman took care of that in milliseconds...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Llyr, Recklesstr, celestino and 17 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you.

5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Nice writeup Martin. Only thing that baffles me is how a guy from Denmark sounds like Aussie :cool:

Llyr, mrchick, ob1page and 5 others like this.
  6. tuxxdk

Thanks!

Mind you, the 'ay' part was the razor talking, not me. I'm sane enough to not talk to my razors.. Lol :D

Llyr, Red Rider, Ursa and 3 others like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

If your sane you don't talk to your razors? Okay then. :)

PatrickA51, Llyr, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  8. tuxxdk

Haha :D

9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Can, what a beautiful razor and such a lovely photo! :love055:

Llyr, Recklesstr and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

great brush!!

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For Friday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra day 5
    Gada Cool Mint SC :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

It's been ages since I've used this awesome Lebanese cream which costs so little here in Montreal. Gada Cool Mint smells so nice, lathers so easily, and gives a pretty decent cooling effect with great skincare. The Skin Bracer is one of my favourite aftershaves - always was, and always will be! ;) :D

A terrific weekend to all in advance! :)

DSC_1341_large.jpg IMG_0544_1.JPG gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg 418SVK3FF2L.jpg

Linuxguile, Llyr, Tras Krom and 20 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I see you have the big Mennen (7 oz). I love Mennen, too, but I can get by with the 3.5 oz. Thanks to you enablers, I have been and am liking the "new" choices I've made.

Llyr, alfredus, Douglas Carey and 2 others like this.
  13. tuxxdk

Awesome setup!

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks my friend!

Llyr, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Red Rider

SOTD June 02/16
    Razor - GEM MMOC Brass variant
    Cream - Nivea sensitive
    Brush - Vintage badger
    Bowl - Copper shave bowl
    image.jpeg

Llyr, ObiDon, Tras Krom and 23 others like this.
  16. Robyflexx

How lovely Rob! :love055:

Llyr and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. Red Rider

Thanks Roby, lovely and flowers go well together. :p

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Alumigoose in Black
    Blade: Feather Professional
    Brush: Omega Professional 10098 Boar
    Soap: Route 66 Retro Spice
    A/S: Old Spice Fresh Lime
    Mug: Old Spice Cobalt Blue 1985

First shave with the Alumigoose, what a treat it was. Right out of the box loaded a Feather Professional and bam, a darn near BBS. I was a little surprised at the width of the head. Just a different look, wasn't ready for it. I matched the 10098 with the Retro Spice, a match made in heaven. I saw Mark's post with the 10098 which I can remember how long it has been since I used that brush, so I put it to work.
    Outstanding shave.
    Thanks for the Old Spice travel bag idea Don. :)

2 06 16.JPG

Llyr, ObiDon, Tras Krom and 21 others like this.
  19. Robyflexx

Great write up Douglas, glad it worked out nicely for you, it's a beautiful razor. :happy036:

20. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Excellent setup today Doug!

Llyr, crackstar, clint64 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.