SS vs Super Adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by djwurm, Oct 27, 2008.

1. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I received a Super Adjustable w/ black handle from a member on this forum. I used it a few times over the last few days and noticed I liked it better than my SS Red Tip. It was balanced better, gave a closer shave, and just fit my hand better.

My question is on a super adjustable what setting is closest to the Red Tip in aggressiveness? I using setting 4 on the super adjustable and seem to get a better shave so is 2 or 3 closer to the red tip?

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I used to shave with a similar adjustable, and I will be receiving a red tip SS soon. I'll let you know how they compare when the red tip comes in.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'd say a red tip is a 2/3 or so. Supers are great razors.

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I can't answer your question, but I can say that I have gotten horrible shaves with any SS I have ever used (never a red tip though). My SA, however, is awesome! Usually set on 7 or 9, dialed down to 5 for the upper lip.

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I would have to say that a 5-7 would be closer to the red tip for me.
    That varies depending upon which of the super adjustables you have - metal base plate or the plastic base plate.

6. djwurm

djwurm New Member

it is metal..

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'd say about 4-5 for a USA Red Tip and 6-7 For the Red Tip Rocket.

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I prefer the metal base over the plastic base and the long handle over the short. Set on a 4-5. Glorious shaver!

Oh yeah, vote for me in the avatar contest

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I wholeheartedly concur with this assessment.

Or, more simply put, +1! :D