Vintage Ronson stropping safety

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by garythepenman, Jun 20, 2007.

1. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Hi All,

Check this out. I've given it a good look and no visible DNA anywhere, I think it's never been used.

You can twist and flip the blade over so you basically can use it 4 times at least before stropping. The top plate is marked 1,2,3,4 etc so you know what you've done.
    Even a few blades in the box although it looks like it should take 3 hole blades OK.

Any ideas of value in this condition ?. I might offer it up here to the avid safety collector.

Cheers

Gary

Attached Files:

steve207 likes this.
  2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

What a cool but odd duck. Can't help you on the value though. Sorry.

3. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Hi gary ,

My guess is about 150-300$ range . if it is really NOT used and in mint condition. I have been eye balling a few just for the COOL factor of it to have it as an artifact in the shave den. but really that kind of money would def. be a collector who would want it to be their center piece of a big collection.

I wouldnt sell it on ebay then but simply go visit a shave convention you'd get more money for it. there is a big shave convention in USA yearly taking place I just dont remember where.

Nice one... just makes me appreciate my DE or the straight better..

4. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Thanks guys, it doesn't owe me that much so if I sell it for $80 incl postage that would be a good deal for someone then ?.

Cheers

Gary

5. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

I've put it in the classified section for about $80.

Gary

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Is there a date of manufacture anywhere? Just curious.

Raf

7. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

No sign of a date at all. Sorry

Gary