Vlasta's T-400 Owners Club

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by BearCWY, Aug 14, 2018.

?

What knots do you own or have ordered for your T-400 Brush

1. 26mm HMWB

23.5%
  2. 24mm Silver Tip badger

47.1%
  3. 24mm 2 band badger

17.6%
  4. 24mm Horse black

11.8%
  5. 24mm Horse white

11.8%
  6. 24mm Boar

17.6%
  7. 24mm Synthetic

11.8%
  8. I just got empty 24mm ferrule/s and put my own knot in it

17.6%
  9. I just got empty 26mm ferrule/s and put my own knot in it

11.8%
  10. I don't own a T-400 yet but I'm going to!

29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Wow! That is quite the setup you have there! Jim really outdid himself on that box. Although calling it a "box" hardly does it justice...

Vlasta, BearCWY and RyX like this.
  2. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! As I said this would never have been possible without Jim or Steve. The box shape was 100% Jim's Idea, I told him what I wanted and he came up with the shape. the only thing I really did was say what kind of wood I would like and sent him the white leather to line it with.

3. Screwtape

The lining is leather? I assumed it was some kind of satin fabric. With leather lining it, that boxed brush set will still be looking like new long after we have all gone to the Great Shave Den Beyond! That is really really special!

Congratulations to Jim @Jayaruh for the box design and workmanship, Steve @Vlasta for a truly superb modern brush, and you for putting them together!

Vlasta and RyX like this.
  4. BearCWY

Thanks, I got the leather from Vlasta for this box. I had Jayaruh put it in. I love Jim's boxes and I have 3 so far and he's working on a 4th for me with more hopefully to come. I also own one of his brushes #293 (the Puzzler);)

Vlasta, RyX and Screwtape like this.
  5. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    For everyone's reference the leather is "chamois".

Chamois leather (/ˈʃæmi/)[1] is a type of porous leather, traditionally the skin of the chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra), a type of European mountain goat but today it is made almost exclusively from the flesh split of a sheepskin.

BearCWY, RyX and Screwtape like this.
  6. Screwtape

I have one of Jim's boxes that he made to fit my Supply Co Single Edge injector and spare base plates. It and the razor are out on loan at the moment. I also have three of his brushes and have been eyeing a fourth this month...

Chamois would certainly make a nice lining material!

Vlasta, BearCWY and RyX like this.
  7. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

very cool

Vlasta and BearCWY like this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Chamois is pronounced "shammy".

BearCWY likes this.
  9. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Unless it's....
    bottom-offer.png

10. BearCWY

Vlasta likes this.
  11. BearCWY

Just received two knew knots for my T-400 today. A Muhle synthetic knot set in a 24mm ferrule and a 28mm Badger shaved and stuffed into a 26mm ferrule. Man what a dense knot that is! :shocked003:

Vlasta, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  12. BearCWY

well I forgot to post in here, back on around Nov. 15th I won a new T-400 Shave brush with 4 ferrules off SGR$. The handle is the silver T-400 with two Silver ferrules. The ferrules contain a Silver tip and a black and white synthetic. I also got a blue anodized ferrule with a 2 band fan badger knot, and a red ferrule with a 2 band bulb badger knot. I'm calling it my American set, Red, White, and Blue! The pic only shows the synthetic knot but Vlasta set it for me before shipping. 01cbe024-830e-4d5d-ae65-e347d460ea6f.jpg 8787f15a-f362-4c4b-95cd-db9b00446998.jpg

A special thanks goes out to Vlasta for a wonderful raffle and brush!

Vlasta, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 12042018.gif I enjoyed a Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood lather generated by my T-400 today. The badger knot is so much more densely packed than some of my other badger brushes. Had enough left over after the shave that my grand daughter enjoyed a face wash. :)
    SOTD 12042018 Melody soaps up.gif
    Steve @Vlasta - I looked but didn't see if I asked & you answered - can you give me a description of the knot installed in my #888 brush? I want to check a box in @BearCWY 's poll at the start of this thread.

Looking forward to The Map!

14. BearCWY

I'd like to announce we have a new club over on FaceBook and everyone's invited to join there as well as here. I will post a link below to it. Thanks and keep enjoying your T-400 brushes! This club is for any and all Alpha Brush & Shave Co. products.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317394302196311/members/

Vlasta and RyX like this.
  15. BearCWY

Well I'm late in posting this but the brush arrived Wednesday with a Little extra in my package. He sent me the red and blue handles to go with the silver so I could have a Red, White and Blue set of T-400 brushes. No the other handles were not free,LOL. So without any further a dew here it is, My American set!
    d1a4a598-9a39-4bd9-8690-e7a1c592c43e.jpg 27c3e89a-73ac-49f9-857b-9f5de1e2fb55.jpg d5216423-51cd-4ce2-a600-f4ecac041f2a.jpg 7decea81-e219-4a7c-974d-500d5280576c.jpg

People, trust me the pictures do not do these brushes justice!
    He only has a very few of the red and blue handles left. He only had 20 of the red made and Only 10 of the blue. This is seriously Limited production run on these and from what I've heard there is not going to be any more of these made! So please if you like one or all of these please contact Vlasta quickly to get yours. From what I've been told recently there is only like 6 red and maybe 5 blue handles left!

AGHisBBS, RyX and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  16. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Red, WHITE AND BLUE - could be for a Brit or an American!! - the gold old flag colors!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  17. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    About 100gr or 4 ounces

18. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Gents - anyone care to give a frank appraisal of my badger knots supplied with the T-400?

Ease of use
    Lathering capabilities
    Sheddage
    Etc. Etc.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  19. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I wish I could but I got the boar. Lol and the damn thing is as stiff as the day I got it with Awesome back bone though. I think I got porcupine bristles lol. I love the brush and may swap in a white synthetic knot.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I wish I was more qualified to express an opinion. I prefer boar knots mostly because I started with them so they feel right. That aside, I'm learning to like badger knots for their qualities. While my first couple badgers (Vulfix 660s & 2235e) I now recognize as being floppy for low density and too tall loft, others I've since acquired have given much better service. I'm not a high dollar silver tip aficionado. A bit of scritch is a good thing! The knot in my T-400 has a feel much like a Virginiasheng black pure badger knot. Could be it's set deep enough that it has better backbone than the Whipped Dog High Mountain badger knot in a B-400 ferrule.

BigMark83 and brit like this.