willams@ walgreens

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Leclec13, Feb 4, 2019.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@Hembree
    It's the soap I judge all other soaps. Even have my brother addicted to it.

RyX and Hembree like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

It is a great soap that is steadily growing on me. Our local Piggly Wiggly has it for about $1.10 if I remember correctly. There is a comparison someone did comparing the Williams to an expensive French soap and the Williams held it own. I will find the article and post it on this thread tomorrow .

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    RyX, Frijolero and BigD like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I need to tell my brother and uncle. They can hit the Piggly Wiggly. Unfortunately I have to do the Amazon thing. However, I get mine by the case.

RyX, Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I picked up a puck at Fred's. It's our mini WalMart discount store chain.

Not sure how many of Fuzzy's @wchnu Rules I bent, but I got a decent lather tonight. Details --> HERE.

Frijolero, brit and BigD like this.
  5. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

ordered on monday showed up today @ store 1.60 with tax

not much nose to it, think ivory soap, a proletariat nose at best. I didn't get the offensive nose many report
    i didn't shave with, no blade time yet but did have a test lather and face wash
    it is hard and dry soap, oily to the touch, i ended up blooming it for a few minutes, and need to load brush more than i thought, and needed more water than other soaps. im going to use the bloom water next time. i was able to get nice slick but dense lather, it did not dry on face, i'll try for volume foam next time. i bowl lathered, it is a small puck , it danced around inside of my bowl, probably better in a "mug" hence the registered trade mark. maybe better to hand hold to load brush then go to bowl and lather up. left my face feeling soft and conditioned
    it's no fancy artisan french soap, for $1.60 its a keeper in my book

RyX, Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Really??? Straight to blooming eh. WTH...over. might as well return the cake to the store. Poor cake of Williams. Your uninvited to the Williams thread.

Frijolero likes this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man. You may proceed along the path.

Your out of the will by the way...just want until I come see my sister again. I got a special LC brick

RyX, Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Oh by the way. I stopped in the Freds in St. Martinville a few weeks ago. They had the Old Spice knock off. Well worth picking up.

RyX, Frijolero, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just so happens I remember your a Williams guy. Your just stiring the pot here...lol

RyX, Frijolero and BigD like this.
  10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's a statement of History for Fuzzy: When the Mall of America was built in place of the Minnesota Twins&Vikings stadium, the original home plate was left undisturbed, and actually stands as part of the Mall. The town where it is-Bloomington, Minnesota.

Frijolero and Hembree like this.
  12. Leclec13

is blooming bad? inappropriate decorum? didnt realize bloomin' would stir up the hornets nest, nor did i realize there are williams fanatics out there.

i didn't know there is an anti blooming movement, didn't realize there is such passion for not blooming. i must find out why...

i'll need to find the williams thread, (and get proper education)

i'll be glad to try it dry ......

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Frijolero, RyX and Hembree like this.
  13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

For the consideration of the Williams Mug Soap Lathering Council.

On a side note, I'm loving this thread. So much fun. Yes, I bloom my Williams. I use the bloom as a pre-shave. I bowl lather. However, Mr. sgrdddy_shaves takes it to the next level. I am in awe.

Frijolero, RyX and Hembree like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

"Blooming" is the act of applying water to a dry piece of soap to facilitate the loading of soap onto brush bristles. That's the facts. It goes sideways from there. In what could be considered Purest form soap can be loaded onto a brush with both being bone dry. The procedure works a little better if the brush is slightly damp. Likewise a dry brush will more easily load soap on a slightly dampened puck. Oh no! That's Blooming the Puck. Horror of horrors if the user splashes too much water on the puck and pours this "bloom water" into the hand and applies as a preshave beard hydration. Not really, look up mycelluar water as it's about the same thing. So if applying (water to soap) or (water to brush to soap) or even (soapy water to your face by way of a brush) concerns you, here's your sign.
    heres your sign.jpg

brit, Frijolero, Leclec13 and 3 others like this.
  15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Yeah I am. I've got over 30 pucks in storage right now. Hopefully when I retire I'll have enough so I won't have to worry about buying anymore, ever.

My uncle has been using Williams since before I was born. When I was on vacation in Pampanga at home with my wife I gave a puck to my brother who flew in from the States. Now, all my brother uses is Williams. Nothing like a bunch of country boys walking around some rice fields smiling and waving at the locals asking, "Hay ya'll doin?" It was like we were mini-celebrities. Apparently both my brother and I are named Joe.

brit, Frijolero, Leclec13 and 2 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good video for those that have issues with Williams. Kudos for Feather in a Fat Boy. I got much the same results last night using a suribachi bowl and boar brush.

Frijolero and BigD like this.
  17. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@RyX
    Just to make it clear, that's not my video. However, I think it's a great video to really show what Williams can do if you put in the work.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  18. Leclec13

Paisan!!!!!
    (Kababayan)

BigD and Frijolero like this.
  19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@Leclec13
    Malate. We'll be moving to San Fernando coming this May. My Asawa is from Leyte. I'm just a Southern Boy who raised his right hand years ago and kept on trucking, even after my initial enlistment.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you for your Service!