Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Retro Shot (LazyLens 20160315 094042 HD).jpg WP_20160315_002.jpg Gotta a new PAL in the house. Just found his way up from down Creckalacky way:)
    Gotta admit, first time using this bugger; I'm having a little trouble finding the right angle. First had him set at wide open and I gotta say it's a bit aggressive. Not to bad until ATG, so I went back to dead center and finished with a DFS and no blood; which is a good thing:) Unlike my E-4, who's quick to bite:). Super cool, smooth razor. We'll be whistling Dixie fer sure once I get the hang of it:)

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Im back using the Mongoose since getting home on the weekend. I had the Schick type A in my travel kit last week.

3. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tuesday March 15, 2016

Alumigoose 2 Mongoose
    Kai Titan Mild (1)
    Maggard Razors synthetic brush
    Valobra Fougere soap
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

First shave with my new Alumigoose - outstanding! Where the stainless steel Mongoose feels big and massive, the Alumigoose feels quick and agile, almost like an injector. It's also milder than the SS 'Goose. Tomorrow I'll try it with a Feather Pro.

Also my first time with the Maggard Razors brush. This is a good brush, a lot like the Plisson and for $11.95 has to be the deal of the century. The purple handle also looks way cool in SOTD photos. :happy088:

--Bob

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Another excellent Schick M2 shave. The alum block is getting thin.
    sod160316.JPG

5. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Used a modified DE in my E2 injector this morning. Went with a voskhod. Lather was Mason Boutique "Lillian" and used my VDH boar brush. Lathered up gorgeously and smelled marvelous. A DE blade in the E2 was pretty great and smooth. Injectors tend to be loud already and a DE blade was even louder, so much audible feedback. Ended with a BBS. Have great shaves everyone! Thanks for the inspiration @Recklesstr

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Arko
    AoS Pure Badger brush
    Schick G-5
    Chick blade (4)
    Pitrulon Polar AS
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  7. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

Quick question gentlemen. I bought some personna Injector blades and it doesn't seem to work with my razor. The Schick blades work fine but these don't sit close enough to cut the hair. I'm not sure why that is. uploadfromtaptalk1458160684716.jpg

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sure you're not inserting them backwards?

9. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

Positive

AGHisBBS, Karl G, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:signs021:Aye..They are Aggressive on the H High Setting..I never feel the need to use mine past the 3 Quarter Setting..The Angle on these is Very Subtle..I refer to it as " The Shy Girl"..Its very quiet & you need to Go by Feel..This is One Almighty Injector..:p

Billy..:chores016:

11. Billyfergie

Don't know what you mean by don't sit close enough..Pics are deceiving but those look like the longer blades that you have there that Don't Fit..:signs002:

12. Billyfergie

Then you are Running it aginst the Stops & Blunting it..Those are not the correct Magzines..You have to put the blade into your other magazine to load it..:angelic007:

AGHisBBS, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Perfect setup...speechless. :)

AGHisBBS, Hodge, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  14. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

You need to show the class how you did that with the DE blade!

15. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I don't see a key here. Shaper blades?

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Hey guys I won a generous PIF from @Norcalnewb today and the prize was a Gem Art Deco SE will I be able to post here I've never tried one before and I'm very excited about it. :)

AGHisBBS, Norcalnewb, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  17. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

A key? Are you talking about the stem? I was wondering the same thing when I bought them but I assumed it would still work

18. Billyfergie

You need to transfer a blade into another proper Injector Key..:D

AGHisBBS, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

So add the blades to the one my Schick blades use?

AGHisBBS, Karl G, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  20. Billyfergie

I don't see the Point to that ..The DE Blade is Far Thinner & Don't see how it would fit properly..Its also doing away with the benefit of a more Rigid Blade..:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.