What to do with $370 Million

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by qhsdoitall, Mar 6, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The Megamillions jackpot is over $370 million dollars. What would you do with the estimated $185 million dollars after taxes?

I would:

QUIT MY JOB!!!!!! Then:

1) Disconnect the phone. Everyone in the world will be calling asking for money.

2) Hire off duty policeman to keep the crowds and reporters away from the house and move into a hotel suite for a month until things died down.

3) Pay off every debt I have.

4) Pay off my immediate outside families' credit card debt and set up college trust funds for every child. Anyone who asks for money gets zero. :)

5) Buy my sister a home and new car.

6) Make sure my mother's assisted care and grandmother's nursing home care were paid for.

7) Buy 50 acres and build a home and ranch facilities from scratch. Make sure there is room for huge BBQs and an indoor shooting range.

8) Hire tax and estate accountant and lawyer to set up trusts and wills for my family to minimize taxes and inheritances.

9) Get my daughter the best education I could.

10) Build investment portfolios to meet future financial needs.

11) Buy every vehicle on my dream list.

12) Start taking vacations.

13) Start having a huge BBQ, wine, beer, scotch and cigar tasting each month.

14) And last but not least. Spend 6 hours a day on the internet BUYING EVERY LAST ITEM ON MY AD LIST!!!!!!!!

2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Pay off my mom and dads houses and give everyone in my family 1 mil each. Give my godchildren 2 mil each..

buy a dream house in the mountains with an indoor swimming pool and lots of land and put up a couple of guest houses with hottubs looking over the mountains for my friends

travel in my rv with Tank. Go to school. maybe build a school... :rolleyes:

try to find out the best way that I could help other people somehow, maybe establish some college funds for people who deserve it.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Build a house that accommodates yet challenges Jenna. Complete with heated indoor pool, therapy room, library, special play area.

Horses for therapy purposes.

Best therapy, schools, and medical equipment.

Trust fund for Jenna.

Pay off student loan, and all bills.

Investments.

Help family and friends, as needed.

Travel; Guam, Japan, Ireland, Australia, Germany, etc.

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Retire, give some to charity, some to family.

Hook my homeless guy up with some $ too.

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If you noticed, I left of giving to charity or medical research. Unfortunately, every charity and then some would be begging for money. There is one thing that is near and dear to me though. Every child needs a loving and caring home. I can't adopt every child but I would seriously consider adopting another couple of children.

6. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I would become a student full time, and take only the classes that I wanted to take. Build a nice house of course, in the mountains or right on lake powell. So I could also get a boat and a couple of jet ski's. It would of course have a complete gym inside the house and an indoor swimpool (lap pool) Get a hummer, the H1, not the H2 or the H3!! Maybe a Dodge Viper. Take some proffesional driving lessons, Race type. and go visit some fun places with my wife and kids.

7. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I am pretty sure there isn't one amoung us who wouldn't do something for others... it just seems we all have to get some of our own things out of the way... I also neglected to add something.. hire a cleaning lady and a cook....

If we had time... we could change the world, couldn't we?

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

My Dream Vehicle List

Sedan - BMW 750LI
    [​IMG]
    SUV - Volkswagen Touareg V10
    [​IMG]
    Sport Car - Ford GT
    [​IMG]
    Heavy Hauler - Freightliner RHL185 M2 SportsChassis
    [​IMG]
    Medium Hauler - Ford F-450 Superduty Lariat King Ranch 4WD DW Crewcab
    [​IMG]

Motorcycle - Undecided but not a rice rocket. I'm not out for speed.

RV - Prevost
    [​IMG]

9. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

ah, the Prevost is nice, but no slides.... I want a 4 slide with a firplace, jacuzzi and plasma baby... woooohoooooo!!!

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Who the heck makes one of those!!:eek: You'll need a fifth wheel rig for that I bet. You might need to borrow my heavy hauler. :)

11. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

12. fuerein

fuerein New Member

Yeah, if I had that enough money (basically no real need to worry about money) I'd really be tempted to spend several years or more doing Peace Corp or other similar international volunteer work. Partially to help others and partially because I really enjoy getting to experience and learn about other cultures... and personally, just going to a foreign country and not actually getting down off the tourist wagon and actually living with them makes it really hard to REALLY experience the culture.

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Yeah, Newmar is really nice too.

14. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

•20% to church.
    •10% to Clemson University (alma mater)
    •Pay off my Dad's townhome, and my sister's townhome, or buy 'em both a whole new house each if they wanted.
    •Pay for the rest of my daughter's college. Set up trust fund for her never have to work for anyone else. Maybe give her enough to open up a restaurant right away, but the rest she would have to wait on. I would like her to learn a little of the value of work and a work ethic.
    •Ranch in Colorado or New Mexico. Beach house on Sullivan's Island or Kiawah Island.
    •Buy an upscale barbershop and have the guy I use now train all the barbers. :D
    •and a private jet and would learn to fly it. No more commercial airlines for me!! ;)

15. I'd just throw it on top of the pile. :rofl

16. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I just love these trickle down economics.... ::

17. navy_shave

navy_shave New Member

You all have some great dreams! But why deprive yourself of them just because you're not rich? Is there one thing on your list you could do with your present income, or do part-time, or dabble in somehow?

Here's a book that changed the course my life : Wishcraft

You can download it for free here.

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sure there is and I work on them every day. :)