What is your favorite brush for face lathering creams?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Hoovman1k, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Hoovman1k

Hoovman1k New Member

I am interested to see what other people's opinions are. So what really is your favorite brush for face lathering creams? And also, what is your favorite shaving cream? This is a good way to give me and other newbies ideas on purchases :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Plisson [sorry if it is spelt wrong] synthetic and Godrej Menthol mist.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am really liking my Jaryaruh brushes with the Maggard synthetic knots. My favorite cream is Proraso or C.O. Bigelow. I face lather exclusively.

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Any of my brushes work equally well with creams and soaps, face lathering or bowl.

My favorite brushes? Vulfix 377 in Silvertip, Shavemac 2 band fan, Simpson Chubby 2 in Super, Simpson Polo in Super, Brad Sears 2 band Beehive.

Favorite creams

ToB Eton, T&H Grafton and Trafalgar, Esbjerg orange, Castle Forbes Lime

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  5. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I love Arko sticks and any of my four brushes. My favorite brush is my Vie-Long
    #13710, it has more backbone than most horses. It just feels great.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I like all my brushes but lately I've been on a face lathering trip and it's probably gonna stay that way, my Semogue 620 has been fitting the bill perfectly. Lately the one I have most fun with is La Toja shave stick. :)

7. Dale Schmidt

Dale Schmidt Active Member

I have obtained three brushes in my short time wet shaving. I've been rotating the brushes for break-in and to date, I like all three. I have a synthetic, a boar and a badger.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

Currently it is the 24mm Maggard synthetic. Favorite cream would probably be TOBS Grapefruit.

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Any of my boars. Mostly the Semogues.

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. ElectroMike

ElectroMike Active Member

I have a deep rotation of brushes and creams/soaps and any combo works for me.

However, when I shave daily, with minimum facial growth, I tend to stay with softer brushes, such as the Whipped Dog Silver Tip, High Mountain Badger or some of the higher end customs with two band Finest Badger knots.

When I'm at an end of a weekend or holiday with a couple days worth of beard, I prefer Boar brushes such as Semogue SOC and Omega Pro 48 and 49.

As for Creams, TOBS is my favorite, scent is changed based on my mood.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I tried all types(boar, badger, synthetic, horse) of brush in the beginning. After a friend rehandled the knot, I wound up liking and sticking with the cheapest of the bunch the bestshave.net #6 horse(?) hair. They are so inexpensive I have several and will never need to find another brush just other handles.:)

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. DaveL

DaveL Active Member

I have several Semogue boar brushes that work quite well at face lathering creams.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    New Forest 2001 Finest 2-Band Badger
    (20mm knot) and my favorite shaving cream is Kiss my Face 4 in 1 Moisture Shave. I'm a fan of the Key Lime, my fiancée uses their Pomegranate Grapefruit one. (I've been known to borrow hers on occasion).

Robyflexx likes this.