SoS: March 21, 2016 - March 27, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Eveready 1914 with a Eveready blade. Fun shave. Have a great day everyone!

image.jpeg

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Car seems to be fixed. Allow me to have my doubts until time has proved me wrong. Haha.

Skin Bracer has a French agency here in Europe but it's not the same bottle and I don't know if the contents are the same. Either way the price is high for an imported bottle.

AGHisBBS, Morman Bridge, Llyr and 5 others like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Today i used the second unknown sample (green)
    As well as the MMOC. Three passes for a great shave.
    The green samplewas nice. It reminded me of Proraso blue. Not much scent, but nice performance.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better.
    20160323_173905_resized.jpg

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

The majority of snow had melted away, but then we got some more snow. We are going to get a blizzard tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully that will be it and Spring will arrive, but you never know. :happy102:

AGHisBBS, Morman Bridge, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  5. Veg

Veg Well-Known Member

Last night I had a wonderful shave using VDH luxury soap for the first time. For some reason I had never gotten around to trying this until last night. I'll need to use it for a few more times to be sure what I think of it but my first impression of the vdh luxury soap is very positive.

Here's the line up
    vdh luxury soap
    lord l6 razor
    dorco (dollar general brand-third use)
    omega s10108 brush
    sieta machos aftershave
    aveeno unscented balm

Close and comfortable with no troubles at all.

6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

It's a very good soap, I like it just fine. :)

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks so much for pointing that out to me. :) Hopefully the 70's aren't far away.

8. Redfisher

Another fine photo my friend. Nice razor!

AGHisBBS, Morman Bridge, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thank you brother it's a favorite! Set it to 9 and forget it....smooooth sailing! :D

10. Richardjl41

Richardjl41 Well-Known Member

Gillette Atra II Plus

20160323_215136.jpg

11. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

3/23/16 - Fat Wednesday!!!

Great shave that started with the pasty, rich lather of MWF and ended with an aftershave that has Bergamot, Cederwood and the leathery Labdanum. Wonderful!!!

[​IMG]

This straight was customized by Dillon at www.fretzwerks.com and provided a smooth shave. BBS in 3 passes.

Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Semogue 830
    WM Elliot Straight
    Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget

[​IMG]

Today's video, if you want to watch, is no talking. Just shaving with me playing and singing in the background. Thought I would do something different.

Here's a link to my channel:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIfJCrLB__6ldzhxcIN8Rsg?

12. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

I'll have to agree! Cheers.

AGHisBBS, Morman Bridge, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

One hell of a face-freezer on tap for Thursday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26 mm Synthetic :love055::love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Junjie/Astra day 4
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Krampert's Frostbite AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Grey Flannel EdT

It takes practically all morning for the freezing effect of a Glacial soap to fade away - that's how strong it is. This Obsidian, along with its matching balm is enough for a menthol lover like myself to feel like he's in Paradise. The Plissoft brush makes this (and every soap I use it with) great soap lather so easily, richly, and slick with a menthol punch which can shake up a polar bear or penguin. The Obsidian balm adds to the frosty fun and gives such awesome post-shave care. The Frostbite aftershave from Mr Brian Krampert blasts your face with intense menthol also, it smells wonderful but never disrupts the scent of an eau de toilette! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg Glacial_Obsidian__47939_1435691965_800_800.jpg krampertsfrostbite_1024x1024.jpg

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You must have bought the Chiseled Face a while back-it's discontinued according to their website(the Orange Creamsicle, that is).

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is one of those original blades. Are you shaving with it.

16. Paul Turner

That's a lot of Kramperts...16 oz?????

17. Paul Turner

A chilly day tomorrow brings this recipe for Thursday's shave:

Prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(in shower)
    Cream-Rise Super Foam regular(I'd like to see the "non-regular", but they just have the one kind, for now)
    Razor-Gillette Sensor 2 Pivot + Nation
    A.S. Aqua Velva Musk Aftershave/Cologne(was going to use Rise Cooling Balm, but I have a chance to finish off the AV before summer, to make room for...well.....you'll see)

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160324.JPG
    Thursday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

TESC Pre-Shave Oil
    TABAC
    Jayaruh #51 synthetic
    Every-Ready 1914
    CVS Carbon Steel SE
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Vegetal

March 24 is the 102 anniversary of the patent on the GEM 1914 razor. In honor of its birthday I get it our on this date each year. The TABAC Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #51 synthetic brush. Two passes with my GEM 1914 razor and a CVS Carbon Steel SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. This is a razor that demands respect. Fortunately I have enough experience to give it the respect it is due. No nicks, cuts, or abrasions. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Vegetal After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... I am ready for The Bunny.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  19. Redfisher

Yes check my post on the injector thread. They really do work! My face is still smooth 10 hours later.

20. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thursday Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Gem Push Button
    Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D7)
    Brush: Rooney Heritage Emillion 1 Super Badger
    Bowl: Georgetown G12
    Pre Shave Scrub: MRGLO
    Pre Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
    Shave Cream: GFT Lime
    Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Thomas Tew