SoS: March 21, 2016 - March 27, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

NOOO..great idea!!

2. Paul Turner

good idea..I like the Stirling communication system. I'm looking at getting some after-shaves from them down the road. Thanks.

3. Paul Turner

It certainly is. They'd better put it back in stock when I'm set to buy some. But that shows its popularity, I would think.

Morman Bridge and Robyflexx like this.
  4. kamp

kamp Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Koraat 8/8 model Vitea

vwp528, mrchick, Primotenore and 19 others like this.
  5. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

That ass milk soap is exquisite.

6. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

3/24/16 - Mandarin Spice!!

In a small market town north of London called Hitchin, an Artisan Soap Company is born. Phoenix and Beau

[​IMG]

I'm very pleased with their Croap style soap with complex scents and a good mix of tallow and lanolin. A tallow based soap that feels vegan.

This soap is a good mix of it all. Not too hard or too soft. Not too much tallow. Not too much Shea butter. Not too strong of a scent. I am very pleased with the performance!! Outstanding!!!

[​IMG]

An oriental spicy sandalwood. Yep, it's complex. All Asian scents.
    Ended the shave with my new found fav aftershave, Chatillon Lux.

Phoenix and Beau Sanskrit
    WSP Monarch
    Gillette New SC
    Gillette Yellow 7 O'clocks
    Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square

[​IMG]

Video is posted on my page if you'd like to watch:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIfJCrLB__6ldzhxcIN8Rsg?

For some reason if the link doesn't work, just search - Cap7597

vwp528, mrchick, Primotenore and 18 others like this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Thursday:
    hot shower w/Mistral Marzipan bar soap
    Homemade PSO
    Gillette Super Adjustable 2+ passes
    Gillette Super Thin Platinum (1)
    Barrister & Mann Lavanille soap
    Semogue boar
    Thayers unscented w/aloe
    Old Spice Leather A/S

It's been a long time since I used a Gillette Super Thin Platinum so I was surprised that my shave wasn't better than it was. It seemed like the blade wasn't gliding and my finish wasn't as close as normal. I was pretty sure these work good for me so I need to go back and see what razors I've used them with. Of course I suppose it could have been operator error...

001.JPG

8. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Tabac Torsdag

[​IMG]

Razor - Pils
    Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush - Omega Silvertip
    Lather - Tabac
    Aftershave - Tabac

9. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

What's that Old Spice leather smell like and where can I get some

Morman Bridge and John Beeman like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160325.JPG
    Friday's
    ZCOLDWATER.jpg

TESC Pre-Shave Oil
    Speick Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #51 synthetic
    The Bunny V3
    Schick Injector
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Speick After Shave

The Bunny has landed, and this is our first shave together. Starting out with the mild with a Schick blade.

The Speick Shave Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #51 synthetic brush. Two passes with The Bunny V3 injector razor and a Schick Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Speick After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

The mild comb seemed to be just right. After reading all the reviews, I got the angle right off the bat. The handle is of excellent design. I had no slippage issues, and the length of the handle and shape of the end made holding it on the end very intuitive. I actually had my first shave with The Bunny in my dreams last night. Very funny. It also was an excellent shave. That was shave number one.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    vwp528, mrchick, Primotenore and 17 others like this.
  11. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Excellent setup Joe!

12. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

WIN_20160324_155217 (2).JPG

Here's my frigid setup for tomorrow!!!

Fridays planned SOTD!!

Gillette New LC/Voskhod (4)

JR #23 Silvertip Brush

Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Maggard Alum Block

Fine Snakebite Aftershave :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

13. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Eveready "1914" with an Eveready blade stropped. Old school. Have a great day everyone!
    image.jpeg

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

No way was I going to let the day slip by without celebrating the 1914 on it's 102nd anniversary. I just finished and was marveling the whole time about how smooth a razor this is and how fun it is to use. It wasn't as loud as I remember but I felt the vibration in places. Too cool. :cool: Super easy to maneuver. A nice shave and I'm inspired to stay on the SE bandwagon a little longer as a result. :happy088:

Bio Palmyra Shave Cream
    Savile Row 3824 Silvertip
    Ever Ready 1914
    GEM SS PTFE (2) with half shim
    Osma Alum Block
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

1914 w TH BP SR TH.JPG

Happy shaving everyone - Karl

15. Richardjl41

Richardjl41 Well-Known Member

SOTD/24.03.2016

20160324_212210.jpg

vwp528, mrchick, Primotenore and 16 others like this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thank you for the kind words Doug. :)

Morman Bridge, ram57, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Inspired by my dear friend Ray, here's my selection of Friday Freezers:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26 mm Synthetic
    Junjie/Astra day 5
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lucky Tiger AS Cream :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Drakkar Noir EdT

Ohhhhhhh, is this a hell of a way to freeze your face off and have a ball while doing it! (a snowball that is!) ;) :D

Best wishes and a great Easter weekend to everyone in advance! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg glacial-spearmint_1__74089_1406660940_800_800.jpg ltdisappearingcream_grande.jpg finesnakebitenew_1024x1024.jpg

vwp528, mrchick, Primotenore and 17 others like this.
  18. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Real nice setup Karl! That is a fine shaver for sure!

19. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

It smells great, they don't make it anymore, and it's mine... mine, mine, mine
    Sorry, I digress

Seriously, I think it's a good smell but I'm not much at describing scents. To me it smells like leather in an Old Spice sort of way (if that makes sense). It doesn't smell like English Leather. But in the same way that English Leather Lime smells like an English Leather product, Old Spice Leather smells like an Old Spice Product. There's a family resemblance to the scent that I recognize.
    I have a 4 oz bottle of the aftershave and a 2 oz bottle of the cologne. I picked up the cologne at an antique store along with an Old Spice Fresh and an Old Spice Burley. I got the aftershave off eBay.
    You can still find it fairly often on the various internet auction sites but it pays to be patient and not spend too much especially considering you don't know if it's been stored properly. Its very easy for old fragrances to deteriorate into uselessness. You're better off to find a bottle in an antique or second hand shop and be able to pop it open and take a whiff.
    Good luck finding some.

20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:thanks:

Morman Bridge and Robyflexx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.