The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    A few years back I gave up on using hot water in my shaves. Cold water is more invigorating, and I get less irritation. I made a little sign to indicate that I was doing a Cold Water Shave. Since then, I have been asked if it can be used, and I have freely given consent. This is to make it official. If you are doing cold water shaves and would like to indicate that with my little sign then feel free to use it. You don't have to steal it.

You can also become a member of The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers, FCWS. Feel free to use that in your signature and link back to this thread. Let's see how big our little fellowship can get.

ZCOLDWATER1.jpg ZCOLDWATER.jpg

Jim O, steve207, MntnMan62 and 20 others like this.
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I like cold water shaving, too.
    I do like to rinse the razor in warm water, though, so it gets cleaner. Does that disqualify me from FCWS? ;)
    Thanks for making that cool badge!

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Not at all. I find certain soaps with certain razors need some warm water to get it rinsed out well. I am currently using The Bunny V3 and I need some warm water to rinse it. It is just its nature. You are Highly Qualified if you shave with Cold Water.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Jim-

Your advice to me in 10-2014 to switch to cold was revolutionary for me in terms of comfort and performance. I am honored to be a part and will use the tag FCWS in my signature now!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Early on when I signed up here Jim offered it to me as a gift after noticing I cold water shaved from my SOTD's. I sport it proudly! Thank you Jim it's fun to be a part of a club! :):happy036:

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I prefer cold water shaves as well, it seems to soothe any irritation, and feels nice and refreshing. Although, I will use hot water sometimes to make the lather, it helps with certain soaps IMO.

7. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I definitely prefer cold water shaves and will use this proudly. Thanks Jayaruh!

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I am glad to have you as part of the club, Roby.

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to the club Bama. It's great to see the tag in your signature.

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    It's your shave, enjoy it your way.
    When I was in Vietnam, I shaved with cold water because I had to. Now I do it because I want to.

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome aboard.

12. Robyflexx

Thank you buddy! :)

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

If it works why not. Like the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have been using the emblem for the past couple of weeks. I've tried cold water shaving most of this month. I like it! I'll continue to use it. Thanks, Jim!

Carbide Mike, Spyder and Robyflexx like this.
  15. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

I have been a cold water shaver for almost a year now I believe. It gives me the much less redness and irritation. I also rinse in between passes with cold water.

ChiefShaver, Jayaruh, preidy and 3 others like this.
  16. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Cold water shaver here as well, makes a heck of a difference for me.

Jayaruh, preidy, Carbide Mike and 2 others like this.
  17. Robyflexx

I didn't realize there were so many of us! :happy036::git:

Jayaruh, Spyder and MattCB like this.
  18. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

It's one of the first things I tell people who are having trouble with irritation to try. It's a quick go / no go test and doesn't cost a dime.

Jayaruh, Carbide Mike, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  19. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Just a seasonal cold shaver here. Another month or so and I'll be in the club...

Jayaruh, RyX, LevelupShaves and 7 others like this.
  20. Robyflexx

It's great advice and it works so well for some that they stay with it and boy is it ever invigorating! :)

Jayaruh, preidy, Spyder and 2 others like this.