New Rockwell Model T Razor -Adjustable TTO

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ram57, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    very-interesting-2 .jpg
    It seems like I just read about this.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. flintlock

flintlock Member

That's not a bad price, BUT how good of Quality is it?, and when will they start sending them out? Was thinking of pulling the trigger myself.

Anthony

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Robyflexx and Jayaruh like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Robyflexx likes this.
  6. flintlock

flintlock Member

Thanks PLANofMAN; YEP, Just read
    it now, think I'll wait and see it out.

Anthony
    ps; it does look pretty cool though!

Carbide Mike and Robyflexx like this.
  7. nunhgrader

nunhgrader Member

Yep - already purchased! I am in like Flynn and couldn't be happier. My Rockwell is one of my top three go to razors in rotation!

Slipperyjoe and Robyflexx like this.
  8. dep411

dep411 New Member

Coated zinc internals?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  9. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Incorrect, internals now brass, as per their update from Mar.28 "we will be manufacturing the internals of the Rockwell Model T from coated brass, rather than zinc!"

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Wait are they "coated" in brass or are they made of brass?

11. dep411

dep411 New Member

Sweet, thanks for the reply. I'm in for one. Never used kickstarter before, the sign up was easy.

12. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Great news and glad they upped the mechanism's material to brass..I was wondering about the wisdom of using of zinc in there. Have a question though..in that other thread, a video of Mantic reviewing this razor was included. In the vid he mentioned he thought the shave was pretty good over all though a tad rough..maybe more so than the Rockwell 3 piece. Would you consider the shave here to be a bit rough also, or was your experience different...

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I thought that Mantic was referring to the Rockwell blades feeling rough, rather than saying that the way the razor shaved was rough.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  14. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Your right about that..when I watched the vid again, I realized that he was probably having blade issues rather than razor ones. He does mention though that the razor might be a tad more aggressive than the 6s. I guess as more reviews come in, we'll have a better idea about all these issues. The shaver is probably smooth...

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Brass coated with something from what I understand. I've been following along but I'm still undecided on whether I want to buy one or not.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Robyflexx

It's a no go for me as of right now. There always seem to be quirks on the first try. :)

Carbide Mike and Slipperyjoe like this.
  17. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

The way Rockwell sent new razors to everyone 3 times until they got it right makes me think that even if they fudged it they would make it right for all the backers and buyers in the end. I just don't need a new razor and I have a bunch of other stuff to pay for before I can get some things off my "Want" list.

PLANofMAN and Slipperyjoe like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Hey, I agree they've been great but if the third times the charm why would I need 2 crappy razors? :)

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Because the crappy ones are good enough to PIF around. From my understanding the Rockwell s razors in the first batch were a hit or miss and the misses were not really that bad. For the collectors, obviously the issues were big. for the average person or the hobbiest they are perfectly fine.. I wouldn't mind a 1st generation Rockwell.

20. Robyflexx

Are you kidding me? I am the average person who shaves 7 days a week and I expect to do so with a perfectly functioning razor that has no quirks, no BS, Nada. I think what you meant is that it's good enough for you. My shaves need to be pleasurable and effective not miserable because of some razor that hasn't been perfected. Too many more appealing options to get the job done right and for much less too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.