What razor would you want to pass down in your family history?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Sep 18, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can i bequeath them a free republic and intact Constitution instead?

no, I didn't think so.

Probably the Rolls.

ObiDon and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

My grandson loves all my razors, especially my newly rhodium replated FB. Next in line for replate is my birth year Aristocrat. It will be done in gold. He'll probably choose that one, but he gets everything. He loves all my gear; brushes, razors and fragrances. He's as bad as his Dzia Dzia.

Don

Herm2502 and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I would like to see my son use my 66 Gillette slim. It was my wife's grandfathers. I plan on having my son get into wetshaving (he's 13) and I plan on giving him 3 razors. The slim, my weishi ( it was my first DE) and my merkur 180( given to me for xmas). He will have something that has been in the family with the slim and he will have 2 to start keeping in the family from me. Lol that's if the weishi holds up over the years. I kept the blades that came with the weishi and with the merkur and I kept the case for the weishi. Unfortunately my wife threw out the box for the merkur.

Red Rider likes this.
  4. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

"Very Nice!" I would LOVE to have a "GREAT-ONE" like your's ! (Polite-Envy; but no "COVETING," herein!) But; I'd rather have another gun, too? Hmmm..., priorities, priorities..., sighing...:sad023:

ObiDon likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Not a razor, per se, but my grandfather's strop will be passed down to my children. Hopefully they recognize it's hereditary value and not just the dollar signs. (It's worth several hundred dollars).

Jorvaljr likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Which razors? None of them. To me that would be like passing down an electric toothbrush or a waffle iron. And I want to be buried with my hoard of shaving stuff! No telling when it will be needed in the afterlife.

7. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I've changed my mind...I think I will take my daily Heavy Tech with me when I go. There are other razors in my collection the can divide among them.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I would pass them all my adjustables.... if I could afford to keep my Fatboy Red Dot I would pass that on to my nephew

Herm2502 likes this.
  9. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

Great question. First goal is to save my two boys from the cartridge shaving industry. I have two Slims that I intend to have replated in rhodium and present to them when they are ready for that first shave. I also have a couple of Fatboys in the wings to gift to them at a undetermined life event (graduation, marriage, ?). In that vein, my hope is upon passing that they will tie these memories together and take on the Slim and Fatboy used by good 'ol dad. Baby girl will get my Muhle R89 and R41 in rose gold--my entry points into DE shaving--because they are just so pretty like her:) My father still cherishes my grandfather's Old Type. If it ends up coming my way, this will be a treasure that will need a home.

10. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I'm new here, but before I received my great-grandfathers Dubl Duck Pearlduck I would have said a Iwasaki Kamisori made with tamahagane. My wife is from Japan and I love that country and that blade and think it would be a great piece to hand down to my children (currently have 2 girls, still working on a boy) as a reminder of where half of their ancestors came from. :)

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've noticed how you like the Blackbird and recently I noticed this one on Delta Echo's site........ DSC_0187.jpg

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    That is an ugly razor. Half the charm of a Blackbird is the cohesive look of the head and handle together. That aftermarket handle doesn't do the razor justice.

I do like the color though.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

can I change my mind? I would pass down the replated President

14. jimjo1031

Thinking it was a customer's razor

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I believe it's Bechet's razor, the "Bluebird." He has a slight obsession for 100mm length handles.

16. jimjo1031

if so, probably why he picked that color, which is nice...................

PLANofMAN likes this.