How's your day? April 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

[​IMG]

richgem, Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  2. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Funny you should suggest Moby Dick;
    A.> I'm reading it right now.
    B.> That was one of the names I've been considering. S.S. QueeQueg or S.S. Mellville have an interesting ring to them, too.

Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

@A: funny indeed!
    @B: true, but it is huge 'n' white (neither QueeQueg nor Herman Melville were known for their whiteness ;))

Intrigued likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just got back from a routine checkup, the first in a few years. Stats weren't bad, now waiting on bloodwork. BP 110/78, pulse 72, and at 5'10 1/2 I haven't shrunk as much as I figured (yet).

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I over slept this morning and it felt so good!! I was able to enjoy toast and coffee with my lovely wife. I even had a case of spring flu hit me just priory to me leaving a voice mail that I wouldn't be in today. *cough* *cough*
    My youngest son and two grandbabies were here for lunch, now I'm relaxing in my lazy boy listening to the SF Giants getting beat up in Colorado on my little transistor radio.
    Life is grand.

macaronus, richgem, Erik Redd and 3 others like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sometimes all the little things come together Kerry. :)

ob1page and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yes. And when they do it's wonderful,

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  8. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Work was tedious today.

On the upside, I had a few minutes at the end of the day to do a quick glance at closing auctions on eBay. Placed a bid on an eversharp fashion razor which was looking lonely without any bids. Turned out to be a lucky happenstance!

Also mailed out two gift boxes. Was waiting on DE blades from Russia, which came in last week. Each box had an Omega synthetic brush, 60 assorted blades, TSD London type soap and aftershave samples, a bottle of Florida Water, some homebrew PSO, and an old spice mug. A few other odds and ends, but that the highlights. Buds should be set for a few more months. Oh and each gets an Italian Barber aquatico soap.

Overall a good day, now if I didn't have to get up an hour early to spend all day at a lecture tomorrow.

RaZorBurn123, macaronus and ob1page like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Another day closer!

RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  10. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Hi everyone. I haven't been in Den for a couple months. I'm "getting out of the game." Try as I might, I can't get a good shave with any DE, SE, straight, or injector. I've tried dozens of combinations of blades, razors, creams, etc., paid close attention to my technique, and nothing works. The shave is always some combination of not close, too many nicks and weepers, and too much redness/irritation. In all the discussions on here, we usually leave out one topic: genetics. Just because I could bench press 300 lbs. in high school doesn't mean all of you could; just because you can get a BBS with a straight using peanut butter lather doesn't mean I can.

I've been slowly selling off my collection, although I will keep a few of the more interesting pieces (i.e., my three Gillette Psychos in their box with an original key...unless someone makes me a really good offer). I'm going to stick around the Den, though. You'll still see me on the "What's In Your Glass?" thread, the "Cigar, Anyone?" thread, and the fedoras, trilbys, etc., thread.

You're a great bunch of guys and gals, and I've enjoyed the last 2 1/2 years. Keep your eyes open for me on a few select threads.

11. Robyflexx

Wait!, What are you gonna shave with now? Don't go, we have guys here that shave with carts and still post up. This is The Shave Den not The DE Den...:)

macaronus likes this.
  12. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Fusion Proglide and Barbasol. Doesn't make for an interesting SOTD. Like I said, I'll be around on other threads, including "How's Your Day?"

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Another check up with my DR today. My right hand is healing surprisingly well he said. 2 more days and I can start leaving the bandages off through out the day and will only need to wrap up at night for 4-6 more days. He also said he doesn't think I will suffer too much feeling lose as when he started fiddling around the burn I politely let him know that it hurt... :angry032: The burns on my lower arm have healed up pretty well as they don't hurt so much anymore but then again I only got splatter on that area whereas the right hand took 95% of the burn. Only downfall is he said my BP is still a little high. Oh and of course what DR's appointment would be complete without the whole "You need to quit smoking" speech.. I've cut down from 2 packs a day to less then half a pack a day but I guess he doesn't want slow and steady progress he wants me to quit cold turkey. Sounds like that will help my blood pressure doc.

If all goes well he said I can go back to work with restrictions on the 25th. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  14. Robyflexx

You know Ray, you could just ask him for some blood pressure meds and bi-pass the quit smoking thing...wups...just quit! :D

RaZorBurn123 and Mr. Freeze93 like this.
  15. Mr. Freeze93

It's the weirdest thing...my BP only gets high when I have to sit and listen to him....I think I may have found my problem lol.

16. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

You are VERY young to have high BP. I hope it resolves soon.

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Mr. Freeze93

Sadly high BP runs in my family regardless of age. I am hoping to get it under control soon.

ob1page likes this.
  18. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So I'm at SWMBO's company awards trip...

In Playa del Carmen

RaZorBurn123, KLF, Intrigued and 6 others like this.
  19. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I did a forty mile bike ride through some hills with my wife and some friends. It was a great morning but boy am I tired tonight.
    [​IMG]

20. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Took the wife out to breakfast and for a walk by the shoreline. DSC_1301.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.