Dorco blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by The Wizard, Apr 14, 2016.

1. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

What do you guys think of these blades? I don't hear many reviews about them and rarely hear of people putting them in their top 10 but having tried both the 300 & the 301 I am seriously impressed with these blades to the point I'd go as far as saying they are now possibly in my top 3 go to blades along side Feather and Persona Israelis.

Both are great super sharp blades from Korea which seriously rival the feather. You have to handle this blade with respect as not unlike the Feather when it bites it bites hard.

I find the 301s to be slightly more comfortable due to the Teflon coating but get along great with both. I don't know why these blades don't get more exposure and are rarely mentioned in customer reviews.

BeShaved likes this.
  2. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

Maybe because I don't love it as much as you do.
    It feels too harsh on me.

Ceferguson likes this.
  3. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

How does it compare to Feathers in your opinion?

I find Feathers to be too harsh but Dorcos are a nice compromise between not having my neck and top lip ripped to shreds and still having a sharp blade to deal with my wire like stubble.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Don't like the 300s.
    Do like the 301s.

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I have 300, 301, Prime plats waiting to be tried. Have you tried the Prime platinums ?

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Blades are probably one of the most YMMV aspects of traditional wet shaving. I, for one, don't care for Dorco DE blades at all. Others may disagree. Any blade really needs to be tried by the end user; reviews are only a possible guide.

The Wizard likes this.
  7. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I have tried them and just did not get along with them nearly as well as Lord blades (e.g. Shark SS, Racer Super, Lord SS). But I have read post where people love them.

8. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

Nope. Never heard of those. Will take a look. Thanks! :D

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Whichever ones are at Dollar General and Family Dollar, I like 'em.

10. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

After sampling about 20 or more blades I settled on about 6.

Dorco
    Feather
    Persona Israeli
    Voskhod
    Lord
    Polsilver SI

I'm hoping over the next few weeks/months to narrow this choice down to about 3 or 4 otherwise it gets a bit ridiculous. I still have a 100 pack of Astra SP to work through which in hindsight I wish I'd never purchased. They were good at first but since experimenting I've found others which I like more.

Ceferguson likes this.
  11. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I have done the same thing I use a blade a few times and get excited then buy about 100 of them only find out I didn't like them as much