The Haul: April 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Halvor, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

A perfectly good day for me as I managed to find some items in pretty good shape. It looks like they will clean up fine. The Erskine brush has a knot that looks to be useable, so after a cleanup, I will give it a try. The single ring should be in be OK after a baking soda and tinfoil bath, and the Goodwill has a scar on the top cap but all the teeth are straight.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Very good. A little TLC and in like Flynn. I wonder how someone made the divot in the goodwill! It'll be fine after a polish.

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My new straight arrived. I can't believe how excited I was to open it. It's a beautiful piece of history
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That's a badass razor. You ever decide to sell it, let me know.

5. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

:happy088: VERY cool razor - congratulations.

mrchick, ob1page and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

On my way home from work yesterday I stopped at a local pharmacy. They had this on sale:

tabac.jpg

11 € ($12.50) for the soap, 10 € ($11.50) for the brush. It's got the same knot as the Mühle Black Fibre brushes, but a cheaper plastic handle.

7. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    I got my Cased Shave Ready Puma 91 Solingen 6/8th in the Post Today all the Way from Russia..Never thought I would ever Lay my Hands on One of these Sought after Classics..I got this for a Darn Good price an All..Its Absolutely Stunning..The Etching on the Blade is Intact an All..Delighted..:D

Billy..:chores016:

8. Drawer

Drawer Well-Known Member

IMG_0735.jpg
    Vie-Long horse hair brush
    Fendrihan Ambassador
    Laser blades

This is a large, heavy razor. The head is wider than my Merkur 180, the handle is about the same length with a large diameter. I'll try it tomorrow. It is open comb on one side and safety bar on the other.

9. mrchick

Thank you. Nice brush you found.

10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Stopped at a little antique shop in Columbus, Ohio and found this 1937 Sheraton. Here she is after cleanup. Not sure why the doors are "frosted" rather than shiny.

Sheraton1.jpg Sheraton2.jpg

11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Beautiful Herm! Enjoy buddy! :)

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats now you have a companion to the other one

13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks. Yep, two 37's, one gold(ish) and one silver.

14. mrchick

Thanks. This one is a keeper

15. Jorvaljr

Picked up these this morning at an estate sale.
    $5
    image.jpeg

Edit*
    These are the after a light cleaning
    image.jpeg

I didn't realize that the flair tip was a d1 tv special. Slight brass showing in the inner tray.
    And the other is a silver plated New Standard . I was sure it was gold but it cleaned up nicely. There is a small hair line crack near the neck and the tto knob is showing brass.

I'm happy with both.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    ObiDon, Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 20 others like this.
  16. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

0423161228.jpg

The mailman just dropped off my Van Yulay "Jared" shaving soap. I was very pleased with the Petals de Rose...great lather and slickness. Got this one for less than 7 bucks shipped. Monica threw in a sample of Brandstof (inspired by the cologne Diesel Fuel for Life).

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, ob1page and 11 others like this.
  17. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I sent kerry @RaZorBurn123 a package and he was so generous to send me this soap in return. Smells almost identical to acqua di parma colonia. Thanks again kerry

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, ob1page and 16 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My Maggard knots came in today. I have since set them in these three handles.
    IMG_0148.JPG

ObiDon, Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 17 others like this.
  19. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

My first buys of the year:

[​IMG]

All direct from Saponificio Varesino. I purchased their 70th Anniversary soap late last year and it immediately jumped to the top of my list. I had to try others in the SV line. So I bought the 70th Anniversary aftershave, the new Cosmo soap and aftershave, the Tundra Arctica soap, and an alder wood bowl to hold it.

I placed the order Tuesday afternoon Pacific time and it arrived Friday morning before 10AM. Unbelievable shipping from Italy to Arizona!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ObiDon, AGHisBBS, PLANofMAN and 15 others like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

I got a Phoenix DOC today at the Shave event. I traded a vendor for a red tip .
    image.jpeg

ObiDon, AGHisBBS, Bussemand and 17 others like this.