How's your day? April 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

ob1page and Halvor like this.
  2. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

As for my own day, may I add that I just purchased a new (semi-detached, they say in UK, not sure about US term?) house! Second one in my lifetime. It has four/five bedrooms so should accommodate the eventual family increase (nothing cooking at the moment). Housing prices over here [Norway] are crazy. OECD keep citing the housing bubble, as they see it, as a major cause for concern. Although much of our cost will likely be covered by earnings on current house (fingers crossed) and advance inheritance, there will still be a significant loan to maintain. If it is a bubble, hope it won't burst anytime soon...

Also, a month and then some in advance of my TSD one year anniversary, I decided to change my avatar to ... celebrate distinction? eccentricity? weird characters? the 'tache (that I don't sport)? a good actor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marverel, Spud, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Congrats on the new home buddy, may you and your family be very happy. :)

Halvor likes this.
  4. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

We just got our sink up & running a few days ago after going six weeks without it. Two water leaks (both showers back up to the kitchen wall) took out two kitchen cabinets, which meant taking out the entire countertop; then, the ten-year-old water heater had to be replaced to bring it up to code; two new cabinets had to be made, then an entire new countertop with the last of the laminate this one company had in stock (they're going entirely with stone). The "well-known" plumbing company that first came out did more damage than good, left two fans run non-stop for 8 days, then didn't pick them up for another week. Didn't do our walls any good, either, pulling out the old countertop. But Bruno fixed all that. I tell ya, it's no fun having to wash dishes in that lavatory.

Spud, macaronus and ob1page like this.
  5. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Thanks, Robby!

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Congratulations Halvor. House prices are going crazy world wide and well beyond earnings. It's about timing as I would not be able to buy back my house in todays prices if starting off as a new buyer.

Halvor, ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  7. richgem

So, I just got back from the gym and here's what I find waiting for me....

penguinday.jpg

Happy Penguin Day indeed! yeesh.

Halvor, Intrigued, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  8. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

macaronus likes this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

micah1_8 and richgem like this.
  10. richgem

My new favorite Dutch sentence:

De koe is lekker. (The cow is yummy. :drool: )

macaronus and ob1page like this.
  11. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Just one more Monday this week, and I'm outta here!

macaronus and Erik Redd like this.
  12. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Woke up at 0235 this morning to 60 mph winds and torrential rains. It stopped two hours later before I had to leave for work. Sun came out and it warmed up considerably, but the rain's supposed to come back...just in time for my 3-day weekend.

macaronus likes this.
  13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Red Rider

Went to two places trying to source a gasket for my espresso vintage machine. No luck so I decided to call a few places that make custom gaskets. Most were not helpful considering my one or two item request.
    Place my third call and explained my situation. After I told him how many he kind of sighed and said ok. I asked how much and he said no charge just come by tomorrow.
    Dozen doughnuts and a friend made I've got 3 gaskets in hand. Bonus 2.6 km's from work.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Rob that's fantastic all around! Isn't it good to know there are still nice folks left out there ounce you weed through them. :)

Intrigued, Red Rider and ob1page like this.
  16. Red Rider

Indeed, I found that he's the production manager to boot.

Intrigued and Robyflexx like this.
  17. richgem

More importantly, ( ;) ) were they Krispy Kremes?

Intrigued and ob1page like this.
  18. Red Rider

Tim Horton's

ob1page and Spud like this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Another day closer!

ob1page likes this.
  20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I just burned out. I'm presently taking a break at work. I worked last weekend and I find by the time the next weekend is rolling around, I'm mentally drained.

Robyflexx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.