Daily Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by John1513, Apr 28, 2016.

1. kdkelly

kdkelly Well-Known Member

Have too much fun swapping. Favorite would be Wolfman WR-1.

gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I shave daily with a variety of razors. That being said, my 1958 Fat Boy is a favorite. You can't go wrong with that one! If I had to choose one (God forbid) it would be in the running.

RyX, gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. poikkeus

poikkeus Member

I use a Gillette Aristocrat Junior most times, but if I had to choose only one razor...it would have to be a Slim. :signs011:

RyX, gorgo2 and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Lately the Gillette President but I got a weakness for trying out cheap cartridge razors. Depends on how late I get up, really.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Superadjustable in nickel?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

They are nickel over brass or gold plated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. The Daily Blade

The Daily Blade Active Member

Hmmm, like most everyone else, not a particular one that I use everyday. However, to preserve the Gillettes that I have, I probably use the EJ DE89 I have more than anything else. I converted a bit by using it with the heavyweight handle from a Parker 91R. Not onluy for the weight and length of the handle but for the grip as well. I do try to use all the Gillettes I have and probably the '47 Super Speed or '41 Ranger Tech more than the others. Of course, I only hit my cheeks and neck as can be seen from my photo so no real tough spots, but that is my story

AGHisBBS and Jim99 like this.
  8. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

My top five:

(No particular order)

FaTip Grande
    Schick G-Type
    SuperSpeed black handle
    Parker 99r
    Aristocrat

I'll usually go two days with the Grande or Parker, then two days with one of the more mild choices. The injector type are the best of both worlds. I'd use the schicks more but I have too many DE blades to burn through. Variety is the spice of life!

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I heard you have a custom made razor. That must of cost a lot.

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Make sure you post some pictures.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I change up on occasion, but the two razors I've used most regularly for the past few years. A Stahly Live Blade shave head on a Weber BullDog handle and a Gillette "NEW" LCOC shave head on a Sabi T2 handle. I've come to find I prefer heavier 3 piece razors over TTO's. :)

AGHisBBS likes this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

For 80% of the time, it's my Schick Krona, I guess. It's very comfortable, the top cap shape is brilliant, and I like the convenience of TTO razors.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Slim Adjustable, Super Adjustable, Short Comb Custom, Long Comb Custom, Super Speeds, Flair tips, depending on my mood and days between shaves. Just what ever I feel like using................

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

This week it is a steel handled black tip.

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I am a serial monogamist. I use a razor until I get tired of it. I just have 18 months (or so) of Schick Krona shaving behind me, and I'm now in a Fatip phase. Who knows what it will be in two years.

That also means I don't have, or need, more than three or four razors. When I'm bored with a razor, I usually sell or trade it.

16. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I only have a daily razor for about a week at a time. This week, it's my Fatip Piccolo. It could be a daily razor but what's the fun in that? I usually use a razor until the blade needs changing and then switch to something else. The longer I do this though, the more I use the ones that always seem to do a great job. My I and J-type injectors, Muhle R89, and Merkur Futur get the most face time of everything I've got I think. Ironically, the two DE's were my first two. I could have saved some money if I just stopped there. :)

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Edwin Jagger DE89

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

The Blackbird gets most of my shaves if I am at home. The Rockwell is for sure in a strong second place, then I just throw in the others when I have a whim. I don't have a ton of razors, maybe ten or so, but my son wants to start with a DE this summer, and then I will be thinning out even more.

I could be a totally happy camper with just the Blackbird and the Rockwell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Weber PH, Fatboy and Slim are my 3 favorites.

20. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I like my Mongoose and my Futur. I'll go for a week or longer with one, then switch to the other and cannot decide which I prefer.