Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy102:

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Bunny V3
    Blade: Schick Injector (1)
    Brush: "Tres Amigos" Desert Ironwood w/Sunrise Synthetic
    Soap: Route 66 Ghost Town
    A/S: Fine American Blend
    Had to change injector blade today. The Mild comb is to mild for me. The Wild comb is to aggressive for me. The Notso is just right for me. :)
    02 05 16a (2).JPG

I need an address to get the Bunny V3 traveling again to Jean-Marie Zeitouni (QC).

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Marverel, Roderick, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great reviews Douglas. Sorry I've been away and not following the site closely. I will PM you the address.

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Bunny V3
    Blade: Schick Injector (2)
    Brush: "Tres Amigos" Desert Ironwood w/Sunrise Synthetic
    Soap: Route 66 The Perfect Gent
    A/S: Route 66 The Perfect Gent (test product)
    My last day with the Bunny V3. This razor has been an outstanding shaver right out of the box. It took very little time to find the right angles to use and it offered dream shaves each and every time. When they become available buy a Bunny V3. You won't regret your purchase. :happy096:
    03 05 16b.JPG

5. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reviews Douglas. Another satisfied Bunny tester.

6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Doug, good to read your reviews and nice rustic shot on the Bv3 departure.

BeShaved, Billyfergie, twhite and 2 others like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks @Red Rider. I was an excellent week with the Bv3.

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Bv3 is on its way to Montreal. I will be there Friday, or I get my mailing cost refunded. Let me know when it arrived. Enjoy!

Tracking #0310794000543158

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  9. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

The Bunny safely arrived in "La Belle Province". I'll share a first report tomorrow or Saturday.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Marverel, BeShaved, macaronus and 8 others like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Enjoy!!!

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the Bunny arrived safely. Looking forward to your first thoughts....

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  12. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

Didn't have time to shave with it today, but my woman was kind enough to take it on the mountain to enjoy the beautiful sunny day.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Marverel, BeShaved, Roderick and 6 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Beautiful photos! :)

Billyfergie, twhite and Karl G like this.
  14. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Nice photos and I guess you'll have to keep taking more outdoor SOTD pics, now, as your partner did a great job with hers! :lyrtuy5:

15. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

A meeting of the great Art Deco Shavers !

[​IMG][​IMG]

I was inspired when I saw the first few pictures of the Bv3, because it reminded me of 2 of my favorite injectors (actually favorites of all razors). So I thought it would be nice to picture them side by side during my week trial.

First shave results coming up, enjoy the pictures for now !

BeShaved, Roderick, macaronus and 9 others like this.
  16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Very cool photo's.

Billyfergie, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  17. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

First Shave with the Bunny Razor V3 (and my first review post ever, AND in English ... so please be indulgent !!!)

Razor : Bv3 (comb not so)
    Blade : Personna Teflon coated (NOS)
    Pre : Primalan
    Soap : Mitchell's wool fat
    Brush : Chubby 3 super
    AS : Aesop aftershave balm

[​IMG]
    (also first SOTD picture ever)

Got the razor Thursday nigh, just before leaving for a concert (i'm a musician) so i didn't want to take the chance to rush my first shave with the Bv3 and i wanted to take the time to examine the design carefully before shaving with it (+ i have a ritual on concert nights, since it's often the second shave of the day, i use a mild shaver like the Oneblade, that i know very well and wouldn't nick me, even if i tried).

Today was the first day i had time to actually admire the razor, the quality of the make and the beauty of the design. I was not surprised it's relative small size, because i own vintage injector, but was quite impressed with it. The lines are beautiful and smooth and the two tone coper-aluminium gives it a great look. i took a picture with two of my favorite injector and felt they looked like they could be from the same era. Technologically speaking though, the 3 open comb design is very modern and (i feel) gives lots of option (IMO better that adjustable, that just move the safety bar).

I loaded a NOS teflon coated Personna, (partly because i really wanted to try those blades, but also because i saw that the supply of blades with the supplied injector was starting to grow thin, and i wanted to make sure that the few next in line would have new blades to try. I'll put some more blades in small plastic bags at the bottom of the case, in case the Bunny makes some stops on its way back, i know injector blades are sometimes hard to find in local stores) and right off the bat i was impressed at how smooth blade-loading was. The smoothest i have ever experiences amongst all injectors style (possibly due to the flexibility of coper.... is it coper ? - and the extra space at the back of the razor). The blade aligned very easily.

Being kind of a "hyper adaptive personality" i'm probably the worst reviewer you could find. I believe one can learn to shave properly with any razor, especially when it's that well made (just like i could probably get along with everyone... whether for 1 hour or for the rest of my life, is another story).

This is a very efficient shaver !!! no question. i had 1.5 days of stubble on my face and at the end of the shave, there was what looked like 3 days of stubble in the sink ! Needless to say there was not much hair left on the face. I found the angle quite easy and intuitive, especially while being used to old injectors, and i find that the technique a used with such injectors translated very well with the Bv3, especially "pitching" the blade to get every bit of stubble very close. The not-so comb was great for me in general. I would have needed a little bit more at the base of my neck but for the rest it was BBS. i'm considering using the Wild later this week, but i don't think i'm going to do the Mild... We'll see. Getting to know this razor is really fun, i already feel i'm quite comfortable with it, and i know it will get much better with a couple more shaves, so i might even stay with the same comb.

i didn't have any issue with the smoothness of the handle. I did dry my hand between each pass, after applying lather, as i usually do with straights.

There are two areas where i think i need to get better (before criticizing the razor). The first one is about rinsing. I like to shave in silence, because i like to listen to the razor cutting and shaving. To me this is as important as visual feedback. So i hate to shave with the water running. I usually fill the sink with hot water and soak & shake the razor in water to get the lather and stubble out. With the Bv3, this doesn't get all the junk out, unless you stir a lot. I've seen shaving videos where people run the water for 2 seconds each time they rinse the razor. I figured i should be doing this, but i'm not used to it.

The second point is about maneuverability. I would say, for 99% of the face, it's great. Then, there are the 2 patches of very heavy stubble right under my nose, just below my nostrils. To shave those against the grain (and believe me, i have to) i have to angle the razor in such a way that the outer corner of the Bv3 goes inside my nose ! (i promise i'm going to sterilize the razor before it leaves my house !!!!!!) It works, but it's kind of awkward.

I need to figure out a way, to make this more confortable and elegant. So more on that later.

That's is for now. All in All and wonderful shave, BBS everywhere (except a bit at lower neck) no nicks, no irritation, and very very close.

More to come in the next few days.

Marverel, BeShaved, Roderick and 8 others like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Wonderful review @jmzeitouni the English was perfect. Thank you for all the details and the beautiful photo. :)

19. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

JM
    Tres bien fait - felicitations!
    Bienvenue abord avec le BV3

20. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Agreed.

Excellent photos from both you and your mate. The review was first-rate. Thank you for making the effort to do it in English as well.

I feel your "hyper adaptive personality" actually served you well in doing the review. Your experience with shaving and particularly with injectors seems to allow you to use well-honed technique to get great shaves with any razor, because you are able to recognize differences with each razor in order to "adapt" and get great shaves with them. Reviewing just requires you to put those adaptations into words, which you've done very well.

Enjoy a successful concert.
    Cheers!
    RT