It finally happened..

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 5, 2016.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My struggles with head shaves is well documented here at TSD, I've had horrific shaves, and some that were good. I've always suffered from razor burn, cuts and road rash :)
    Until now. Admittedly I was very apprehensive about trying this product, a brushless cream? Really? So I let my brush soak in water for my face shave and figured I had a few minutes to waste. I wet my head with cold water and rubbed a small amount of this cream with my hands on my head. It's a lightly scent cream, fruity, but nice.
    Bogota! Did I have enough on my head? I'm not used to a thin layer of cream on my head, my first pass was flawless, wet head put another dab in my hands and rubbed over my pretty clean head. My second pass was better than the first. Hmm.. Went for a third pass and was BBS with zero irritation. No blood, no stinging, smooth and clean.
    This three pass head shave took about five minutes, a good ten minutes quicker than a brush shave. The post shave is unbelievable! I mean am I dreaming about this?
    If you're a head shaver and suffer from any irritation or road rash I highly recommend that you give Bogota from Elis-Extract a try. I'm still amazed by the quality of cream and shave I had today.
    Thank you @baldone for the opportunity to give your product a try, and to finally have a pain free and irritation free head shave.
    Kerry

* I was given this product free of charge, my review is mine and solely mine.
    image.jpeg
    Razor is a Schick Xtreme3 with at least 5 shaves on it.

PLANofMAN, baldone, ob1page and 6 others like this.
  2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Almost makes me wish I was bald.

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You could be

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have thought about shaving my head just to have more to shave.

5. RaZorBurn123

That's why I started, now I'm hooked.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

God made only a few perfect heads. The rest He covered with hair. I'll keep my hair for godly reasons, thank you. ;)

7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I used to be keep my hair buzzed very close, but my misshapen, melon sized head doesn't really support that look. I'm starting to thin on top, so if I have to start shaving it, I guess I'll start wearing a hat more often

RyX likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm with you. I've been buzzing my melon for years and my wife is now encouraging me to grow it out. It's at a very awkward stage right now. I understand about the hat

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I probably started buzzing it 25 years or so ago. I have forgotten what having hair is like. Shaving it wouldn't be much of a difference, but my wife isn't really on board with the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

• Buzz Cut
    • Misshapen
    • Melon sized
    • Thinned out
    • Wear hats often

Been there, doing that now.
    Knew a guy in his thirties that was working a case of male pattern baldness. So he shaved his head so that no one would know he was going bald... Uh huh.

12. RaZorBurn123

My wife wasn't thrilled when I first told her I was going to go bald, last night she just had to rub my soft bald head. You could try it once and see how it works for you, it'll grow right back:)

13. baldone

baldone Member

@RaZorBurn123 thank you so much for the review and I'm so glad that you liked it! And @PickledNorthern I know this sounds like a sales pitch but part of why we started experimenting more with our standard cream for a special blend for the head is that I wanted to shave the old noggin on a daily basis, never had been able to because of razor burn, so my partner, our mad scientist, started experimenting with ingredients and kept sending me cream telling me to shave the dome on a daily basis! Sooooo for anybody still reading, what I've been doing lately is shaving in the shower, leaving the cream on my head, NOT rinsing it, and then getting out of the shower and just rubbing what's left of the lather in my head with my towel. THEN I use a little more of the Head Shave as a post-shave cream and it just feels awesome. Thanks again @RaZorBurn123

14. RaZorBurn123

The post shave is incredible! I also used a dab of the cream as a post shave and WOW my head is soft.
    I wet my head with cold water, applied a dab of cream and rubbed it in. What I also have found is I don't need to do 5-6 passes to achieve a DFS, it's now a 3 pass head shave and bam! I'm smooth as silk.
    In the past my head would hurt so bad from my shaves it was tender when I went to bed, not anymore.

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

Here's my killer head shave today! If you head shave or want to I highly recommend this product.
    image.jpeg
    @baldone

ob1page likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Fine on the top, eh?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

Yeah. Why not?

Robyflexx and Paul Turner like this.
  18. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I bet this product would work nicely in a barbershop.

ob1page likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My hubby was going bald in his 20's. He never minded being bald or even going grey. What bothered him was that A)the grey was dull and B) what remained was so thin you could see his skin right through it. When he started to shave it off, I could see right away, that it looked better and more youthful on him. He wouldn't grow it back if you paid him and I love his shiny head.

ob1page and RyX like this.
  20. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Great news Kerry! I've had great luck with some artisan (discontinued) soaps from IanS and my RazoRock Plissoft to have a really slick lather. I've also recently added a pass with my Trac II to try and keep things gentle while catching the last of the stubble. I may have to try this new cream.

ob1page likes this.