Schick Krona

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Knox, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Man, I love this razor! Every bit as good as my Super Speeds. Pairs really well with Arko...

[​IMG]

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The Schick Krona is a fine razor.
    Here's mine.
    krona23.jpg

3. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I've got 2 Kronas, only both have a plain brushed metal topcap. I didn't know they came engraved -- really beautiful!

My "un-badged" Kronas both shave very nicely -- I would love to see an all metal version.

Bama Samurai and Recklesstr like this.
  4. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Earlier I pulled my Krona out for tomorrow's shave, by coincidence, prior to seeing this thread. Have been neglecting it lately. Will probably load a polsilver for the next few days worth of shaves. It seemed to have more heft than I remember, but it's been a bit since I shaved with it.

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

2016-04-12_18.23.37.jpg
    I also enjoy the Krona ! I have another one too, with a silver tip.

6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I'm with ya regarding the Krona. It's every bit as good as my Super Speed(s) and a best kept secret. They are out there for a very reasonable price.
    The Arko is so so with me although the packaging is a definite classic.

gorgo2 and Billyfergie like this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new find!

That monster is nice too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I have a thing for Seikos...

9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I really like my Krona. It is a bit on the mild side for my usual preferences, but I have no doubt that if I made it the subject of a 30 day focus, it would deliver consistent BBS.

[​IMG]

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can't lose with the Krona.

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have both a Schick Krona & an Eversharp that are mechanically identical. The Schick has black plastic on the handle. The Eversharp is gray. I shaved with one tonight, but it was as I recalled from my last use - mild to the point of ineffectual. After three passes, I swapped the Astra SP into my FatBoy @5 to finish the shave. If My father hadn't passed them to me, I'd find new homes for them.
    SOTD 06122016.gif

gorgo2 and Robyflexx like this.
  12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Very nice shave with mine. 20160613_084059_resized.jpg
    Thanks for the inspiration.

RyX likes this.
  13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I've owned a few Krona razors myself. Ifound them to be every bit as good as a Super Speed.

gorgo2 and Robyflexx like this.
  14. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I just scored my third Krona off "the bay". If pics are true, it will be my most pristine yet.

I find it nearly identical to another favorite razor of mine - and cheap ta boot - the Feather Popular. Aside from the long handle, I could be very happy shaving with the Popular the rest of my life. Which is why I bought a spare and it is still in the package. At $12 shipped from Japan, how could I not?

RyX and gorgo2 like this.
  15. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

The Krona is what my dad used for about 35 years. I think he stopped using it because of the availability of DE blades in stores was slowly going away. I believe he still has it in his bathroom drawer, and I hope to inherit it some day.

RyX likes this.
  16. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Buy him some blades for fathers day!

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

For me they work better. I prefer the Krona head profile. The long handle also helps.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  18. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I will have a shave with one of my Krona's tomorrow. For me they shave similar to the superspeeds.
    [​IMG]

Knox, RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Used this Krona today with a new Astra SP and ended up BBS. The head geometry is not like a Gillette and it took some getting used to before I found the proper angle. I do not use my Krona's as much as I should.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and Robyflexx like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

That could be my issue with Kronas. I'm trying to shave like it's a Gillette. I'll certainly give em another shot. Technique triumphs tools! Thank you @Roderick .:eatdrink047:

Linuxguile likes this.